Ke$ha

I too hope she gets the help she needs... I am a fan of Ke$ha's and enjoyed watching her show My Crazy Beautiful Life. She is a great musician and business woman.

But I do want to say I think there are more issues that she is trying to conquer than just an eating disorder if there is even an eating disorder at all. She is 6 ft. tall and known for guzzling beer and whiskey.

Much respect for seeking out help.

Kesha Sues Producer Dr. Luke for Sexual Assault and Battery

Pop star claims producer was sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abusive for more than a decade

720x405-450476832.jpg

Kesha has filed a lawsuit against producer Dr. Luke, claiming he "sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused" her over the past decade that has "put her life at risk," according to the suit. The suit says that Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, began making sexual advances toward her from the time she signed with him at age 18 and that he allegedly forced her to imbibe drugs and alcohol to lower her inhibitions.

Dr. Luke Fires Back at Kesha With Defamation Suit

Kesha is asking for a judge to release her from her contract with Gottwald.
The pop star claims that at one point, Luke made her snort a substance before boarding a plane and, when in flight, sexually assaulted her while she was drugged. At another, he allegedly gave her "sober pills," which she later learned were GHB; she woke up the next day naked in the producer's bed, feeling sore and out of it, with no recollection of how she got there. She also recalled an incident where the producer allegedly came at her "violently thrashing his arms," prompting her to run barefoot down Pacific Coast Highway and hide in the mountains.
"He also threatened her and her family's physical safety," one section of the lawsuit reads. "[Kesha] wholly believed that Dr. Luke had the power and money to carry out his threats."
The abuse, Kesha claims, prompted the eating disorder that pushed her to enter rehab earlier this year. "You are not that pretty," he allegedly told her. "You are not that talented. You are just lucky to have me." He also reportedly called the singer a "fat ****ing refrigerator."
"This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke," the pop star's attorney, Mark Geragos, tells Rolling Stone. "The facts presented in our lawsuit paint a picture of a man who is controlling and willing to commit horrible acts of abuse in an attempt to intimidate an impressionable, talented, young female artist into submission for his personal gain. Kesha is focused on moving her life and her career beyond this terrible time."
A label representative for Kesha did not immediately return a request for comment.
The same day that Kesha filed her suit, Gottwald also filed one against the singer alleging defamation and breach of contract. The producers suit claimed that Kesha fabricated her allegations and that she had threatened to feed lies to a blogger. He claimed that he had had a copy of Kesha's lawsuit for months and that she and her mother were attempting to extort him to release her from his contract or they would file the suit. "We are confident that Dr. Luke will prevail in all matters, and that our client will be awarded substantial damages for this malicious conduct," his attorney told Rolling Stone.
Kesha and Dr. Luke have been in a protracted battle for months over the direction of the singer's music and career. In January, Kesha's mom Pebe Sebert accused the producer of contributing to the singer's eating disorder. "These statements and allegations concerning Dr. Luke are completely false," the producer's rep told People. "It is unfortunate that at a time Kesha is suffering immensely and trying to heal at a treatment center, her mother is taking this approach with the media. I give Kesha my utmost support and well wishes for a quick return to health."
In July, Kesha spoke for the first time about her stint in rehab in an op-ed for Elle U.K. She blamed accepted perceptions of beauty – and the music industry that perpetuates them – and the prevalence of paparazzi as the reasons for her eating disorder at the time. "I feel stronger now," she wrote. "Strong enough to admit that I needed help and strong enough to have faced it head on.... Even I need to be reminded that we are who we are."

Last year, Kesha's fans started a petition to free her from her contract with Dr. Luke, claiming he was "controlling [her] like a puppet." "I feel like my fans are really protective of me," she told Rolling Stone last October. "They just want to see me grow as an artist, which I agree with. Hopefully in the future, I'll be in a position where I can put out a ballad or a more vulnerable song."
When asked if she had any creative control, she said, "not really." "What's been put out as singles have just perpetuated a particular image that may or may not be entirely accurate," she said. "I'd like to show the world other sides of my personality. I don't want to just continue putting out the same song and becoming a parody of myself. I have so much more to offer than that and I can't wait [until] the world really gets to hear that on the radio."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...al-assault-and-battery-20141014#ixzz3GDkLhcii

Dr. Luke Sues Kesha for Defamation After Sexual Assault Allegation

The producer's attorney claims the pop star's suit is part of a "campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements"

720x405-452202266.jpg

Charley Gallay
Kesha is being sued by Dr. Luke after the pop star sued the producer, claiming sexual and physical abuse.

By Kory Grow | October 14, 2014 Producer Dr. Luke, whom Kesha has sued for sexual assault and battery, has filed his own lawsuit against the pop star, suing the singer for defamation and breach of contract. He claims that Kesha has fabricated her allegations and has attempted to extort him so that she can end her contract with him. The producer filed his lawsuit on the same day the pop singer filed hers.

Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, allegedly places blame on Kesha's mother, Pebe Sebert, and the singer's new managers. According to the suit, the singer said she would feed lies to the person behind the "Free Kesha" campaign last year, an online petition that alleged Gottwald was "controlling [her] like a puppet." He also claimed that he had had a copy of the lawsuit Kesha filed Tuesday for months and that she said she would file it if he would not release her from the contract, an act he's also calling extortion.

1035x670-486408887.jpg
Dr Luke (Photo: Jason LaVeris/Getty)

"As set forth in the complaint that we have filed on behalf of Dr. Luke, Kesha and her mother are engaged in a campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements about Dr. Luke to third parties, including scurrilous and false statements of purported physical and mental abuse of Kesha," Gottwald's attorney, Christine Lepera, tells Rolling Stone.
"These are allegations that Kesha and Pebe have themselves admitted are false. The complaint explains that Kesha and her mother Pebe have wielded these defamatory statements in an attempt to extort Gottwald into releasing Kesha from her exclusive recording agreement with Dr. Luke.
"We understand that Kesha has filed a lawsuit of her own against Dr. Luke, though we have not yet seen it," she continued. "Undoubtedly, Kesha's lawsuit is nothing more than a continuation of her bad and offensive acts. We are confident that Dr. Luke will prevail in all matters, and that our client will be awarded substantial damages for this malicious conduct."
"This is just another pathetic and entirely predictable example of Dr. Luke's continued abuse, and a misguided attempt to keep Kesha under his tyrannical control," the pop star's lawyer, Mark Geragos, tells Rolling Stone. "This lawsuit has absolutely no basis in fact, the law or reality. Kesha is focused on reclaiming her voice and her freedom. She is determined to move on with her life and her career by putting this dark period behind her."
Kesha's lawsuit claimed that over the past decade, Gottwald has allegedly given her drugs and alcohol and physically and sexually assaulted her. She also blamed him for making comments that gave her a poor self-image of herself, prompting the eating disorder for which she received treatment earlier this year. The singer has requested that the presiding judge release her from her contract with Gottwald.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ual-assault-allegation-20141014#ixzz3GDkhAhso

Not saying he isn't guilty, but sometimes I think both parties involved are equally guilty in these Hollywood situations. They want the fame and fortune so they comply w the offender, but once they've reached their desired level of success the finger pointing and accusations begin. Idk... Kesha has always seemed like somewhat of a loose cannon to me. That being said, the guy she's accusing looks like a creep so who knows.

I heard on the radio this morning that Dr. Luke has worked with numerous musicians and has been in the industry for a long time and has never been accused of anything like this before? Not saying it isn't true, just repeating what I heard on the radio.

I believe everything she's saying and I have heard rumors about him being "difficult" and other artists hinting at problems when working with him. The industry is nothing but f-ed up people doing f-ed up things to others and it has been since the beginning. I hope that she can be let out of her contract.

I believe everything she's saying and I have heard rumors about him being "difficult" and other artists hinting at problems when working with him. The industry is nothing but f-ed up people doing f-ed up things to others and it has been since the beginning. I hope that she can be let out of her contract.

Yes.

I fear that she'll be blacklisted. The entertainment industry protects the perverts and abusers.

But if she was being abused, why keep silent about it for 10 years? Why would her mother keep silent about it for 10 years? Why not walk away and just be broke, but unabused?

Why do most victims keep quiet for so long?? And who immediately jumps to the conclusion that they would walk away from their dream career and be broke? She was very likely afraid of being blacklisted, or he convinced her that he would ruin her reputation, or that no one would believe her. When celebs speak out about abuse, very few people believe them. If all she is asking for is to be let out of her contract, that speaks for itself.