Katy Kat Matte

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462381905.838943.jpg

I picked up a couple of the Katy Kat Matte lipsticks while I was at the grocery store the other day. I probably spent a good ten minutes debating with myself over the black color. Then I got home and saw all of the met gala photos of stars wearing the black one.

They seem to be not-quite-matte. Very buttery. I don't know where Covergirl gets off calling these matte. I had to layer on the smashbox insta-matte stuff after application to get a matte look.

What do y'all think of them? Anyone tried the black?

Also here are swatches of the two I got:
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462382337.239792.jpg

2. How do they smell?

3. Catoure smells oddly sweet and Cosmo Kitty kind of smells like a crayon to me. My daughter says Catoure smells like honey and Cosmo Kitty smells like lemon, but I do not smell lemon AT ALL.

4. How's the wear? I'm intrigued by these, and that nude pink color is right up my alley (yes I'm boring lol). I thought they were supposed to be a demi-matte finish.

5. Oh, are they demi-matte? That explains it.

They wear ok. I find myself reapply a lot more than with my higher end lipsticks. I haven't been keeping track of how often though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice