Katie Holmes

It could be, it sucks to have one part of your body picked apart like that.

I don't know a lot about her but this pose is the thing I most remember when I think of Katie Holmes. It's not just the way she turns her legs in it's the way she holds her whole body, the way she tilts her head and the way she smiles... there's something very little girl about the whole pose.... she looks a bit like a marionette that's had it's strings cut.

Broken doll (as per Tivo's post) is a good description.

Yeah, broken doll or marionette is perfect, I don't understand whether she just has no confidence at all or if she is intentionally going out of her way to make herself look like a little insecure girl for some bizarre reason. I just find her weird overall.

I've read a couple of accounts of people who dated Cruise... wow it's quite strange, I don't understand why someone wouldn't run for the hills but perhaps when you're in the context of Hollywood it's a flattering and attractive option. And with Holmes... although she had success with Dawson's Creek she was still a small fry compared to Cruise... maybe when one of the biggest stars in the world, the person you fantasized about as a teenager locks onto you it takes on a life of it's own before you can properly process it.

Yeah, broken doll or marionette is perfect, I don't understand whether she just has no confidence at all or if she is intentionally going out of her way to make herself look like a little insecure girl for some bizarre reason. I just find her weird overall.
I also find her odd... maybe not odd but I can't get a read on her... it's like would the real Katie please stand up.

I wouldn't say she has no confidence but she exudes or has exuded this "oh gosh please like me" vibe. it's probably a combination of the way she was raised (probably raised to be a nice girl), being the youngest child (nothing against youngest child it's just that I know a bunch that get away with a lot by deploying their cuteness) and being a child actor/model (being rewarded for hitting your mark). Things like that might have encouraged her nice girl impulses past the point of usefulness.

Reactions: Kansashalo
I can't get a read on Katie Holmes as well. She's really mysterious.

However, my take is that there are two types of women. One type who excels and are spectacular independently, but are extremely unlucky with men. And another type who doesn't seem to be anything, but are great at landing successful men.

Reactions: DD101
I thought the whole thing with Tom was contractual. His people were interviewing young, up and coming actresses as his gf / wife to supposedly dispel the homosexuality rumors about the Tom. She was selected/ agreed to the part (and contract?), and her part lasted 5 years.

She's got a lot on him or there was something in the alleged contract re: kids, which is why she got custody of Suri seemingly very easily and cleanly. Look at the kids he had with Nicole, they stayed in Scientology with him and shun Nicole.

Reactions: RayKay and gazoo
I thought the whole thing with Tom was contractual. His people were interviewing young, up and coming actresses as his gf / wife to supposedly dispel the homosexuality rumors about the Tom. She was selected/ agreed to the part (and contract?), and her part lasted 5 years.

She's got a lot on him or there was something in the alleged contract re: kids, which is why she got custody of Suri seemingly very easily and cleanly. Look at the kids he had with Nicole, they stayed in Scientology with him and shun Nicole.

ITA with this! Tom and his crew underestimated miss Katie i believe! they thought when he was done with her that would be able to get rid of her like Nicole.

Tom Cruise Is Getting Ready for Wedding No. 4 — Meet His Wife-to-Be Vanessa Kirby (EXCLUSIVE)

It’s been more than five years since Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ended their marriage — and now fans are wondering: Who is Tom Cruise dating nowadays? According to some sources, that half-decade mark meant freedom for Katie to openly discuss her relationship with Jamie Foxx. While it’s unlikely that Tom had similar stipulations when it came to discussing his love life, the father-of-three, 55, has definitely remained coy when it comes to his love life. Of course, that doesn’t mean he’s been single, either! For months, Tom has been dating his former co-star Vanessa Kirby — and they may even be planning a wedding! Insiders told In Touch that after seeing the 29-year-old newcomer in The Crown, he knew he had to work with her. “Tom flipped for her work and told the other Mission: Impossible producers that he had to have Vanessa for a crucial role for the franchise’s sixth installment,” the insider said.

But it’s her role as the 54-year-old’s future fourth wife (he was previously married to Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes) that has the Top Gun star most excited. The insider gushed, “He wants to make her the next Mrs. Tom Cruise.”

Apparently his plan to bring her on for M:I6 worked like a charm — and the pair hit it off immediately. “They had instant chemistry, and of course she got the role,” the insider said. “He’s blown her away with his endless charm and energy. He thinks she’s perfect to be his next wife.”

With his desire to reintroduce his estranged daughter Suri into his life, along with his plan to be married again “by early next year,” Tom — who is also father to 24-year-old Bella and 22-year-old Connor with Nicole Kidman — is getting his life back where he wants it.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/2...a7ce5419a/ss_tom-cruise-is-getting-ready.html
vanessa-kirby.jpg

“He wants to make her the next Mrs. Tom Cruise.”

“He’s blown her away with his endless charm and energy. He thinks she’s perfect to be his next wife.”

:yucky:

I am guessing if he is saying this (or rather his "insider" who is likely Scientology approved to "gush") that she also passed auditions with the Scientology crew for the role (of new wife.)

Can't wait for another couch-jumping episode and Free Vanessa t-shirts!

Ya I'm thinking this sudden "wedding planning" has to do with him jelly of her relationship with Jamie and her no longer having to hide it. Almost like he needs to stea l the spotlight back from her. Toms in his 50's if he hadn't grown up now it s never going to happen. No way this girl is in to a guy old enough to be her father. I am curious how much more thorough the GF/wife process is now after Kate. He wants them young and dumb.

Reactions: bag-princess
Ya I'm thinking this sudden "wedding planning" has to do with him jelly of her relationship with Jamie and her no longer having to hide it. Almost like he needs to stea l the spotlight back from her. Toms in his 50's if he hadn't grown up now it s never going to happen. No way this girl is in to a guy old enough to be her father. I am curious how much more thorough the GF/wife process is now after Kate. He wants them young and dumb.

I was thinking the same - no way will they let another Katie happen so she must be considered a non-factor! I have always wanted to hear her thoughts on being branded “Kate” by him because it was more mature!