Katie Holmes

*JJ*

En Vogue
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
from people.com:

Tom Cruise's fiancée, Katie Holmes, is pregnant with the couple's child, Cruise's spokesperson, Lee Anne DeVette, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is very excited," says DeVette.

Cruise, who has two children, Connor, 10, and Isabella, 12, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, began dating Holmes in mid-April. He proposed to her atop the Eiffel Tower in Paris in June. DeVette says there is no wedding date set.
DeVette would not comment on the baby's gender or say how far along the pregnancy is. The rep did say that Holmes, 26, "has never felt better."

:amazed:

Maybe now, after he actually witnesses the emotional and physical hardships a woman goes through after giving birth, he won't be so quick to slam people who choose to take postpartum depression medication.

Poor Holmes, though, I really get the impression that he is using her for a publicity stunt and now a rent-a-womb. And even if their romance is genuine, he is much too old for her and probably has too much power in the relationship. Now that she having this kid she is tied to him forever.

Poor Holmes, though, I really get the impression that he is using her for a publicity stunt and now a rent-a-womb.

I totally agree with you Chemlex! I always thought he was "shooting blanks". Neither of his wives gave birth to children when married to him. Mimi Rogers gave birth to two kids with her present husband. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? :unsure:

Megs said:
I JUST saw this on the news!! Wow... it is the style now to get pregnant before marriage- it's "in".

I think that has always been in style. But now, people just don't hide it. 30 years ago, they would have just gotten quicky married and claimed the baby was premature.

i don't know what i've read more about in the last couple of weeks: break-ups/divorces or engagements/pregnancies. people sure do live fast in hollywood.

*JJ* said:
i don't know what i've read more about in the last couple of weeks: break-ups/divorces or engagements/pregnancies. people sure do live fast in hollywood.

It's Fall so we're mostly hearing about divorces - come Spring, everyone will be getting married and procreating.

Well apparently, a scientologist woman who gives birth has to keep her mouth shut through the pain. Who else thinks a man made up this rule?
I found this article on Oh No You Didn't http://www.livejournal.com/community/ohnotheydidnt/3784469.html#cutid4
But they don't list a source.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Katie Holmes' mission impossible will be giving birth without painkillers - or screaming.

That's because her fiancé, "Mission Impossible" star Tom Cruise, is a Scientologist.

Practitioners of Scientology are against drugs but insist on "silent birth" because they believe it's traumatic for babies to hear their mothers groan or cry.

"Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go," church founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote in his best-selling "Dianetics."

That's easier to preach than practice.

Another famous Scientologist, actress Kelly Preston, told Redbook magazine in 2000 that she screamed for an epidural while giving birth at home to daughter Ella.

But her husband, actor John Travolta, who is also a Scientologist, didn't have time to drive Preston to the hospital.

"It got hard-core at the end because she was big," Preston said of her 13-hour ordeal.

Travolta later described it as a "beautiful, still experience that lovingly brings a child into the world without screaming or talking."

Of course, he didn't have the baby.

Scientologists also favor seven days of silence for newborns so their first week on Earth is trauma-free. But this has run afoul of state-mandated blood tests, which require at least a pinprick.

^^^ HAHAHAHA!!! What is that all about?! I don't find an issue with not using pain killers during pregnancy (my mom used NOTHING with all 4 of us and we were all at least 9 lbs!!!!), but no screaming while giving birth. Yea right. A watermelon sized child is not easy to pass!:blink:

Anti-screaming while giving birth? Is Tom Cruise kidding here? Maybe Tom should try giving birth by himself... if only that's possible...

Tom and Katie seem a really strange couple,im
suprised they are having a child before marriage
because according to scientoligists 'a child born out of wedlock
will have a troubled life'
Whatever!

Did you gals read the latest "rumour" about Katie's pregnancy ... that she's carrying Ron L. Hubbard's child (instead of Tom's - as someone else pointed out, we thought he was shooting "blanks"!!!).

She's a pawn ... too bad. I couldn't believe it when I saw her in the latest Batman movie - SHE WAS HORRIBLE :sick: :wacko: :sick: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!