Katie Holmes in Hermes RTW

I love the clothes; the cut, the drape, the lines, everything. She looks so elegant and classy. Am I the only one who sees a young Jackie Kennedy in many of KH pictures? I've done a few double takes on some of them as the resemblence is remarkable.

I love it. Thank you candace117

attachment.php

She does look fab, but also do suspect that it is heavily influenced by Tom...

When I met my husband I dressed a certain way. He liked most of what I wore, but he liked some things more than others. Because I like seeing him happy, I started wearing more of the things he liked seeing me in.

I am no way in the Cruise-Holmes tax bracket, but perhaps he's said what he prefers to see her in and because she loves him, she is willing to wear these fabulous designer outfits to make him happy. I think I have a pretty strong personality, but I know my husband prefers to see me in outfits that show off my shape and I tend to but more of those clothes that what he considers shapeless things. Is what Katie Holmes doing that different?

If my wonderful darling husband could clothe me in Hermes and Gucci and Balenciaga every day I'd be wearing that instead of some of outfits I wear.

I like Katie's style now than what she had before no matter who was doing the styling. You know, she's growing up into a lady...before she was just the girl next door. I would love my style to evolve like hers did...if only I had the moolah! :P

redshoes__oPt.jpg

I'm sorry if it's not cause i'm very new to Hermes, but is she carrying a birkin, or any hermes for that matter? If so it's absolutely gorgeous.

I just saw this, but is that a gigantic (I think the official term is travel) Birkin!!! Wow, I can barely carry a 35 Birkin without breaking my back... I must admit, I would also adopt her closet any day, although I wouldn't fit in any of her clothes...

I guess I came across as malicious, I apologize for that. But I've worked with oppressed women before and I recognize them in a heartbeat.

It's not about a loving husband preferring certain styles on his wife, it's not about a young woman looking glamorous, it's not about what money can buy. What I see is a little girl very, very lost underneath the appearance of a "young Jackie Kennedy" (quote from a member). Her clothes and her hair looks great. I just think she looks like a barbie without a soul.

But all this should be reserved from this forum. After all this is a fashion forum, not a social well being forum. My apologies again.

Style.com is a great website to view current RTW collections. You can see the inspiration for the season, the colors, the textures, and the silhouette. The detail shots give you close ups on the accessories. If you see something you like, I suppose you can track it down in the stores. Same thing with clothing.

This website also has a couture section, and I browse it for fun because I love JPG and his wacky designs. For special occasions, you can see VB wearing couture.

I guess I came across as malicious, I apologize for that. But I've worked with oppressed women before and I recognize them in a heartbeat.

I appreciate your candor and this is a fact of every day life for many women out there, that go often unnoticed unless someone is trained to spot it, or has had first hand experience. It affects every socio-economic group out there.

Most ladies just go through "growing pains" to find themselves, be it in fashion, food, well being, making friends ... the list goes on.

Katie is still very young but she looks like someone who will get there. We are onlookers and we are not her friends who are privy to private life. And that's enough said.

I don't really care what brand of clothes she wears. She's looking good, and I'm just enjoying her pictures.

I think Katie looks marvelous! And, since we don't lunch with her, we can't be sure she is being "styled" against her own personal sense of chic. (MrsS said it very well ^^^) So....I think she's beautiful, also think she does resemble a young Jackie Kennedy (those wide set eyes) and I hope she's well and happy, as I hope for all of us here, too. :heart:

when i see katie holmes (and many other like her)a wonderful quote from carrie bradshaw pops into my head "idiot stick figure with no soul"--I mean seriously --the clothes and bags are irrelevant to me when its obvious that the studios and TOM CRUISE INC are trying to "sell" a woman who hasnt uttered a word in three years to my knowledge

I Love The Instyle Layout....All Navy Is Just Magnificent. I Also Love The Above Picture Of Her In The Skirt.

Tom Cruise Was Married To Mimi Rogers Before Nicole Kidman (Quick Marriage With Divorce)....I've Always That Mimi Was So Beautiful.