Katerina In Pearl Handle Already Peelingm just out of the store dustbagm Opinions?

Rainbow 06

LYNN
O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Morning Ladies,

I got my PCE Christmas goodies last week. I got the White Charlie with the Coral pink C's from DH and it is really very pretty and nicely made and the straps are light and comfy. I got the Silver and bone striped Charlie for my daughter as a surprise since she has been ill for a while and I know she loves sparkly things. I loved the Carly so I just fell for the Katrina in pearl for me. I looked her over in the store and she looked lovely. Today I took her out of her dustbag and looked at the silver strap that matches the side design. I noticed that the strap already had some black dots or if I can describe it in more detail it looks like maybe some metallic is starting to wear off brand new on the top strap. I considered not mentionig it to the SA because it is Sunday and Christmas week, but I called her for a moment and told her and she said she would put aside one or two and call me back before they sell out. I need an opinion please. Should I chance the pearl color or consider another color. I had liked both the white and brown strap and the brown , but i have so much brown in my closet. What is happening to these mettalics? My gunmetal Sophia is absolutely perfect and I drag her all over, not even a scratch. Opinions please and :smile: Happy Merry and Healthy Christmas to All!! Hope you get what you want and need the most!! :smile::smile:

Last edited:
If you really like the color combo you got, I'd take it back and look over the ones your SA put aside, choose the best of them, and exchange. Otherwise, maybe choose a different color in the same style.

The only problem I've ever had w/any of the metallics was on the gold metallic Kristin hobo from a couple years ago. The gold started peeling so I exchanged it for the black hobo.

I had to go exchange my champagne katarina as well. I honestly have not even looked over the replacement I was do tired last night. Mine has a flat dark spot on the main leather. Like it missed the pebble and metallic treatment. You can see it in my good hair day reveal. Other wise I adore that bag as I was also a Carly fan.

Are you going to exchange or get a different color ?
I was waiting for a call from my SA that I know very well since I am going to pass by the store tomorrow. She really cannot tell what I am talking about without seeing it. I gently touched it because sometimes it can be just glue, but it is not. I am not sure yet what I will do. I don't like things not to be perfect just out of the bag and it is hard to see under the store lights. The pearl is so pretty, but that definitely is black dots of some kind, maybe they are rubbing off. I might keep the pearl if another is perfect, but I am not sure I trust this material. . I did not like the other color brown color because it is not a rich brown and I liked this right away because I was looling for a cream off white winter white hobo. Honestly, I am not sure. This is a credit and I just hate holding credits. I will see when I get to the store. Thanks!!!:smile:

I had to go exchange my champagne katarina as well. I honestly have not even looked over the replacement I was do tired last night. Mine has a flat dark spot on the main leather. Like it missed the pebble and metallic treatment. You can see it in my good hair day reveal. Other wise I adore that bag as I was also a Carly fan.
Oh Rats, Not happy to hear that. I guess that bag is going to have trouble. My leather is very even all over the bag. I think that they must put a treatment or coating on that bag to get the pearlized finish. I bet they are all going to have trouble in the metallic color and get returns. I lovee the Carly and have a very old siggie and Gold one and it was always fine and I still love it with the large C's. It was such a classy bag. When I see one in black leather or black siggie even today with that lovely hardware, I stare at it. I like the white and dark brown as well. It was a trade/credit and I had money left over and I put that towards my daughter's silver Charlie. That metallic is rather thick and kind of crinkled and I think it holds up much better than the fine metallic trims. Coach has made that silver metallic before on the Kristins and I think it was fine, but some metallics like the sueded is very fragile. But, like you, it is just not acceptable when it is brand new out of the store . I guess I did not see it with all the holiday excitement in the store and we both looked...me and the SA for flaws. I am going to look in your reveal too. :smile: