Kate Spade wallet zipper pull peeling; WWYD?

pastrygirl

Oct 27, 2008
I bought a KS wallet in November and have been using it ever since. I love it -- it's my favorite color (purple), saffiano, and has the prettiest lining! But, the zipper pull is peeling like crazy. It's the Mikas Pond Lacey zip-around wallet, and they don't make it in purple anymore. I worry that the rest of the wallet will start to peel at some point.

Nordstrom offered me an exchange or refund, but I can't decide. Do other KS wallet zipper pulls end up peeling, since they all are leather? Or do I just keep it and hope it lasts a few more years?

I have a KS patent zip around and the zipper pull is peeling, but not from the end, in the middle of the pull, the thin patent (I presume) layer is peeling off whatever it is bonded to. I expect down the line, the peeling will extend to the end. Annoying, but otherwise I love the wallet.

Oh - I haven't seen any problem with the rest of the wallet

Last edited:
I took a look today at Nordstrom, and there's no other wallet that I want. The SA said she thinks it peeled because that's where the leather bends, so the rest of the wallet should be OK in the long run. If it gets worse, I'll look into having that tab replaced with a metal pull.

I took a look today at Nordstrom, and there's no other wallet that I want. The SA said she thinks it peeled because that's where the leather bends, so the rest of the wallet should be OK in the long run. If it gets worse, I'll look into having that tab replaced with a metal pull.

Yes, mine too is coming apart in a place where the leather bends. Oh well.

One of my patent darla wallets is starting to peel, ever so slightly. I've seen some bubbles appear along the top edge where the cover folds over, but i guess i'm not too upset because I've been using the wallet for nearly a year daily and it has otherwise held up well. Luckily, the parts where the plastic has peeled are not really noticeable (they are near the ID window).

I also purchased a patent leather wallet before and the sides were starting to come off. I brought it into the store to see if they could repair it and they gave me the 1800 customer service #. The customer service rep told me to mail it in unfortunately they couldn't repair it and didn't have the wallet in stock either and were going to mail me a gift card with store credit. I was disappointed because I loved the style of that wallet. Couple of months later I found another beautiful patent wallet online ordered it and within a few weeks the sides were coming off again. Sigh ! Lesson learned .. Won't buy anymore Kate Spade patent wallets.

I have been using my Mott Street Bradie wallet for less than one week, and when I pulled out a credit card today I saw that the nude leather is already scraped up on the edge of the card pocket--keep in mind I have only take out and put back this credit card a handful of times at this point! I am very disappointed. Is it common for KS wallets to peel/scrape easily?

i had this same problem with my patent hedgehog wallet. I took it to the kate spade store and they sent it to their factory in Jersey to be repaired. About a month later I got it back good as new!

Could anyone please post pics of these problems with their Kate Spade wallets? I was considering getting one for myself, but I want to see what kind of wear and tear I can expect. TIA!