Kate Spade vs. Tory Burch

Dec 16, 2013
Looking for a new handbag this fall. I cannot decide between Kate Spade or Tory Burch! I have owned (and loved!) Kate Spade... but Tory Burch is a new world to me. Please let me know what you think about the quality of Tory Burch. I think the price points are in the same catagory (although KS has more sales!)

Could you show us which bags you are looking at so we can tailor the advise to you?

If it is important to you to buy a bag and have it hold it's value, because you plan to use for 3 months to a year then sell, go with Tory Burch. I still see her bags in consignment shops for $150-200, which is not what you will see with Kate Spade.

That said, Tory Burch may not be practical. Hardware heavy bags by TB tend to get... well, heavy. My mom doesn't carry hers for that very reason.

Kate Spade leather bags are actually very high quality. I met my boyfriend at a pretzel plant, so my mom bought me a KS pretzel bag for Christmas last year. I carried it, no joke, for the better part of the year - and it looks brand new.

KS also gets great sales prices and has good deals at their outlets, too.

Good luck; I hope some of that generic info helps :smile:

Could you show us which bags you are looking at so we can tailor the advise to you?

If it is important to you to buy a bag and have it hold it's value, because you plan to use for 3 months to a year then sell, go with Tory Burch. I still see her bags in consignment shops for $150-200, which is not what you will see with Kate Spade.

That said, Tory Burch may not be practical. Hardware heavy bags by TB tend to get... well, heavy. My mom doesn't carry hers for that very reason.

Kate Spade leather bags are actually very high quality. I met my boyfriend at a pretzel plant, so my mom bought me a KS pretzel bag for Christmas last year. I carried it, no joke, for the better part of the year - and it looks brand new.

KS also gets great sales prices and has good deals at their outlets, too.

Good luck; I hope some of that generic info helps :smile:
Hi! Thank you for the replies. I was looking at the KS Veranda Place Nylon Cleary in leapard print vs the TB Kerrington Satchel in leopard. I just want one that will last for years and not show too much wear and tear. I love the KS but wish it was a coated canvas. I like the TB bc it is a coated canvas but it is heavy. I don't know which will last longer. Thanks everyone for your advice!