Kate Spade vs. Louis Vuitton

cheweyvy

O.G.
Sep 21, 2007
I was window shopping on Fifth Avenue earlier, and accidently walked into Kate Spade. I was distracted by their colorful shoes :drool: then I browsed through their leather goods section and found many of their small leather goods are very LV-alike!!

LV_11745868_black_h_pu.jpg

The interior of this wallet, look exactly like the Pochette wallet interior! I was shocked.

LV_10429046_amarante_h_pu.jpg

This similar key holder which also made in patent leather.

I could find a pic of LV key ring in eLux, but I've seen a similar design in LV looks like that.

-----------

I personally think their stuff is cute, but to find their design similar to another designer items threw me off. What do you guys think? Am I being to obnoxious?

I don't think they look too much alike.... anyway I'm not too bothered by it. The Pochette wallet has a very practical interior so it makes sense that lots of brands would have a similar one-- maybe even before LV did!

The keychain definitely does look like the "Inventeur" one, though!

I'm not bothered by it at all. They look completely different to me. If you think about it, most designers have similar shapes and sizes for their bags and wallets. The key holder is popular with alot of other designers as well.

i know i'm in the lv forum and i love lv but i also like kate spade a lot. her designs are fun and fresh. you're right about the similarities, though. what i do buy from kate spade are bags that are fun and colorful and not too similar looking to the lv bags and accessories that i already own.

I like Kate Spade although I don't buy her anymore since the last piece I bought said it was made in China.

The gold key ring you posted comes in a cles style and I get compliments on it all the time when I pull it out. I love her stationary, pencil cases, and her Wellesly Quinn will always have a special place in my heart.

I think it's common. I saw a Banana Republic wallet today that was very similar to an LV wallet. I think there are only so many wallet styles possible I guess. :yes:

I don't see that the designs of the two brands are that similar, but I have to say that I won't be surprised if there are Kate Spade stuffs that will look like LV in the future.

After Liz Claiborne bought out Kate Spade, I notice that the design and the whole outlook of the brand have changed dramatically. Many items don't look like Kate Spade style anymore. IDK, they just lost that Kate Spade charm (you know the preppy Nantacket casual elegant style). Everything now looks kinda generic and mundane, not very unique :tdown:.

So sad for Ms. Kate Spade. I've read somewhere that she's no longer associated with the brand anymore. I think she regretted selling the company to Liz Claiborne :crybaby:.

I don't see that the designs of the two brands are that similar, but I have to say that I won't be surprised if there are Kate Spade stuffs that will look like LV in the future.

After Liz Claiborne bought out Kate Spade, I notice that the design and the whole outlook of the brand have changed dramatically. Many items don't look like Kate Spade style anymore. IDK, they just lost that Kate Spade charm (you know the preppy Nantacket casual elegant style). Everything now looks kinda generic and mundane, not very unique :tdown:.

So sad for Ms. Kate Spade. I've read somewhere that she's no longer associated with the brand anymore. I think she regretted selling the company to Liz Claiborne :crybaby:.

sellign for profits now..:sad:

I feel they look quite different.

That being said, I think the Kate Spade key chain is way cute! :yes:

I used to find Kate Spade as an affordable brand with fun and casual bags and accessories. But the stuff seems to have become less fun and spontaneous so I do not go into the boutiques much anymore. :shrugs: