Kate spade shoe size from US to European/French

Selmita

Sep 3, 2014
Hi!

I'm about to buy 2 pairs of Kate Spade shoes online (The Malta wedge and the Lanise boots), and I'm wondering what size to buy. I usually wear a french 38.5 or sometimes a 39, and I have to admit I don't have a lot of luck with US sizes. I recently bought a Tory Burch Leticia size 8 because according to the website it is the equivalent of 39, so I thought that they would either fit perfectly or be a little big. But the shoes pinch like crazy and are definitely half a size too small. It looks like they are in fact a size 38.

Anyway, I really don't want to make the same mistake with my Kate Spade shoes.
I tried checking several shoe conversion charts (KS website doesn't have one) but between Shopbop, Amazon & AvenueK all the sizeS are different. I'm tempted to buy a size 8.5 but I'm afraid it's going to be too big. Or too small!

European shoppers & Kate Spade connoisseurs,could you please help me buy the best size? I live in Morocco and returns are such a hassle here, so I really don't want to buy the wrong size.

Thanks!

Frugalfinds

Mar 15, 2011
Hi!

I'm about to buy 2 pairs of Kate Spade shoes online (The Malta wedge and the Lanise boots), and I'm wondering what size to buy. I usually wear a french 38.5 or sometimes a 39, and I have to admit I don't have a lot of luck with US sizes. I recently bought a Tory Burch Leticia size 8 because according to the website it is the equivalent of 39, so I thought that they would either fit perfectly or be a little big. But the shoes pinch like crazy and are definitely half a size too small. It looks like they are in fact a size 38.

Anyway, I really don't want to make the same mistake with my Kate Spade shoes.
I tried checking several shoe conversion charts (KS website doesn't have one) but between Shopbop, Amazon & AvenueK all the sizeS are different. I'm tempted to buy a size 8.5 but I'm afraid it's going to be too big. Or too small!

European shoppers & Kate Spade connoisseurs,could you please help me buy the best size? I live in Morocco and returns are such a hassle here, so I really don't want to buy the wrong size.

Thanks!
I'm sorry, I might be too late for this, but just in case, I will *try* to answer your question. For Kate Spade, US sites tend to put the US sizing on the website, but KS actually runs by Italian sizing. For example, a US size 8 would be an Italian size 38. I don't have a lot of experience with French sizing. Once I ordered a pair of IM boots from Net a Porter using their sizing conversion and it suggested I get a 38 (when I usually wear an Italian 37), but the boots were way too big. As I mentioned in a response to someone else, I find that some Kate Spade shoes have a narrow toe box. For the boots, you might want to order 1/2 size larger than you think you need. My guess would be a size 9 would work for you, but once again, I don't know that much about French sizing. I am really just hoping you know what you would wear in Italian sizing and that will help you know what to order.

Good luck!