Kate Spade repair dept stinks!

lantana19

Jul 7, 2008
So I bought a Kate Spade bag about a year ago and sent it in to the repair dept because the bottom coners were prematurely wearing, even some of the plastic filling inside the trim was popping out and I rearely used the bag. They completed the repair and sent the bag back, with no warning that the bag was being shipped, and this is what I got back. Whoever completed the repair didn't even stitch the bag back together all the way! So the said they would give me a prepaid return label but that it is not insured and non traceable! Like I'm just gonna pop a $400 purse into the USPS system without any recourse on it. I DON'T THINK SO! So buyers beware, if anything goes wrong with your bag, the repairs are shoddy! I'm thinking I might just end up taking it to a local cobbler to get the job done. Why does everything have to be so @#$% difficult! :cursing:
002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

I'm sorry that totally sucks.

Do you have a KS store in your area? I would take it in there and tell them what happened. I've always gotten excellent service in store.

Good luck!

I do have Kate Spade stores I can go to in Austin and Dallas but if the corporate office isn't willing to do much for me, then I doubt the sales clerks will be able to much either, even if they wanted to. I'm really just dissapointed by this whole thing, if they had of just done it right in the first place then none of this would be going on. I don't think I've ever had to have something repaired only to have another repair result from the initial one.

I would definitely at least call the nearest KS store and politely explain your frustration and see what they can do. Though the SA will likely be unable to help you herself, the owner/manager should have a better relationship with the returns dept and may be able to work something out with them that you couldn't do on your own.

Good luck, and I hope this all works in your favor.

Last edited:
OH MY!!!

I've actually heard from others too that the corporate office isn't half as good since Liz Claiborne took over, so I'm not terribly surprised. I agree--you will be much better off with your local cobbler/leather person. And, when you send it to them, you won't have to worry about it getting lost at the post office!