Kate Spade outlet-leather quality?

You just have to pay attention to the collections within the outlets. A lot of them are comparable quality to retail. Sometimes (typically during holiday seasons) there are “door-buster” bags/wallets that are made specifically with a lesser quality leathers and hardware for customers who want to spend less then what’s available. Basically you get what you pay for and there is a variation of price points within the store. Kate Spade outlet typically has a 1 year manufacture warranty.

Just because the tag says that it is leather does not mean it is fully leather. I am not sure but I believe if the bag is 5% leather and 95% man made materials they can call it leather. It means that there is some mixed PVC with the leather. It is tricky but it needs to say 100% leather for it to be fully leather. The crossgrain/saffiano leather is part leather part PVC. Thats why it wipes off easy. Also Kate Spade and MK are now making faux leather bags. I almost purchased a quilted "leather" bag from Kate Spade a while ago and looked at the reviews and someone posted a tag of the bag that the bag was made of PVC. It is important to read the description.

One of my Kate Spade WOCs, I bought from Nordstrom Rack I believe and the leather is amazing and buttery now.

I think it was an outlet style but Im glad I kept it!
I think kate spade quality has improved in the last few years. I bought 4 bags in the last year and half. They have held up well. The most recent bag has buttery soft lambskin leather. Accessories I bought several years ago fell apart in a short period of time.