Kate Spade Mystery Bag...any experts out there?

Aug 27, 2006
It's mine, never carried it...bought it a few years ago as an authentic bag, but I never had it verified. Anybody familiar with it? It arrived after a fierce bidding battle on Ebay and it had a boo-boo along the side of the bottom...I took it to Joann Fabrics and they had me put some type of "liquid sealant" over the damaged area. Other than that it's a great bag...but is it authentic???:confused1: (Sorry about the pictures...I am not a photographer)

I am by no means an expert but do ahve a few of the Kate Spade bags. Mine tend to be the wicker variety and do not own any of the nylon bags. Also, I have only been 'into' Kate Spade for about 4 or 5 years. But I do not recall this shape or color pattern for the nylon bags. The nylon bags also tend to have the straps in the same color pattern as the body of the bag. I am not sure sorry I could not be of more help.

Lara

I too, have a "mystery" Kate Spade.

I bought it this summer @ Nordstrom's when it was on clearance in the bins. I never checked the tag to see what it was called, and now I'd love to know.

334714654_ae44d1fcbe.jpg

334714818_c4c0f40f41.jpg

334714871_d3c8e1f144.jpg

334714720_b67f1428ea.jpg

Thank you! :smile:

It's mine, never carried it...bought it a few years ago as an authentic bag, but I never had it verified. Anybody familiar with it? It arrived after a fierce bidding battle on Ebay and it had a boo-boo along the side of the bottom...I took it to Joann Fabrics and they had me put some type of "liquid sealant" over the damaged area. Other than that it's a great bag...but is it authentic???:confused1: (Sorry about the pictures...I am not a photographer)

I don't think it's real. I found this guide awhile ago about authenticating Kate Spade bags and it has black lining and leather handles, which is typical of the fakes.
Here's the guide:
rainbowbags
and here stripebags

LVbaby,I had already found that info a while back. This bag has leather handles that are soft buttery smooshy black leather, not the fake hard leather. Outside is silky. Beautiful vibrant color. It has been sitting in my closet for about 5 years I would say. Hope that helps. I'm cleaning out my closet and a decision needs to be made on it...LOL, it's foolish to have it sit for five years!

LVbaby,I had already found that info a while back. This bag has leather handles that are soft buttery smooshy black leather, not the fake hard leather. Outside is silky. Beautiful vibrant color. It has been sitting in my closet for about 5 years I would say. Hope that helps. I'm cleaning out my closet and a decision needs to be made on it...LOL, it's foolish to have it sit for five years!

Well I think the thing they were trying to say is that the handles should be the same pattern as the bag. :shrugs:
I just don't remember ever seeing that one when I was into KS bags, but I do remember the primary colored striped ones.

to my knowledge this print was never made, I believe it is a FAKE Sam!!!

I don't think it's real. I found this guide awhile ago about authenticating Kate Spade bags and it has black lining and leather handles, which is typical of the fakes.
Here's the guide:
rainbowbags
and here stripebags

thanks for sharing but this guide is OLD - Kate Spade has so many styles out there an some of the things listed no longer apply to telling a REAL from a FAKE Kate Spade. FAKE ones are so poorly made, it's quite easy to tell!