Kate Spade Little Minka in Affogato

mamadelmar

May 8, 2011
I've never had a Kate Spade bag before (Furla is my usual brand of choice) but have fallen in love with the Cobble Hill Little Minka in the affogato color <http://couture.zappos.com/kate-spade-new-york-cobble-hill-little-minka-affogato>. It's the perfect size for a cross-body bag, the leather is nice and buttery, and I love the pink undertones in the beige!

The price is a bit steep for me, though, so I was wondering if any of you seasoned Kate Spade fans could tell me how long it takes before models are typically marked down? Also, is there a chance this could sell out before it is put on sale? The SA at the boutique I visited told me they couldn't keep this bag in in stock in this color. I assumed that was just sales talk or could there be truth in that?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Is there a chance a color will sell out before the style goes on sale? Yes, there is always that possibility.

As for how long it takes for items to go on sale, it really depends on the retailer and when they mark down S/S items.

I actually recently purchased the Little Minka in Affogato. It is such a lovely color! It will take me a bit more work to maintain the pristine color of this purse since I usually purchase darker bags. As mentioned above, this color may sell out before it goes on sale, and it will probably take a while for this to be marked down since the Affogato color is newer. However, if you haven't already registered on Kate Spade's website, do so now! Sign up for their mail offers and you will be emailed a 15% discount coupon with your new registration. I did that before purchasing my LM.

If you wanted to get a Little Minka in a similar neutral color, the LM in the Oyster color is currently on sale at the KS website. I believe the markdown price is $189. Check it out, it's definitely a good deal!

Last edited:
Ditto'ing the oyster--it's beautiful!

And I suspect that you will, in several months, find the affogato marked down. How patient can you be? :smile:

The little minka is a fantastic bag, though. Love love love it. Wish I'd grabbed one in African Violet (I see it on my friend all the time and it looks so good), too.

I LOVE my Little Minka in Forest! I get compliments ALL of the time on it, ESPECIALLY at the Coach outlet hahaha!! It's uncanny! My husband can predict it - "oh look that lady is running over to you. she's gonna say something about your purse" and yep..."omg! where did you get that?! the color is beautiful!" :lolots: I'm waiting for the african violet and the dusty mint ones to go on sale...

I've never had a Kate Spade bag before (Furla is my usual brand of choice) but have fallen in love with the Cobble Hill Little Minka in the affogato color <http://couture.zappos.com/kate-spade-new-york-cobble-hill-little-minka-affogato>. It's the perfect size for a cross-body bag, the leather is nice and buttery, and I love the pink undertones in the beige!

The price is a bit steep for me, though, so I was wondering if any of you seasoned Kate Spade fans could tell me how long it takes before models are typically marked down? Also, is there a chance this could sell out before it is put on sale? The SA at the boutique I visited told me they couldn't keep this bag in in stock in this color. I assumed that was just sales talk or could there be truth in that?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Based on my observations on KS sales, items take from 3-4mons before they're marked down. But usually only the seasonal colors are left... I think the neutral ones either stay full price or get sold out.

I bought the same purse but in deep pink! I absolutely love the color. It's my first KS I couldn't believe how soft it was & I couldn't believe the price either. I'm not used to paying this kind of money for this kind of brand I guess... But I'm in love with this brand now! My next goal would be a Chanel since I have LV, Gucci, Ferragamo etc already...

I don't know the typical markdown cycle for Kate Spade bags, but I just bought a Little Minka in Jenkinsblu (electric blue) from TJMaxx. It was $199. Total score! I'm very excited. :yahoo: I saw a snakeskin print there, too.

I LOVE my Little Minka in Forest! I get compliments ALL of the time on it, ESPECIALLY at the Coach outlet hahaha!! It's fashion store! My husband can predict it - "oh look that lady is running over to you. she's gonna say something about your purse" and yep..."omg! where did you get that?! the color is beautiful!" :lolots: I'm waiting for the african violet and the dusty mint ones to go on sale...

The forest I think is the best for sure. I don't blame everyone for asking where you got it!