Kate Spade Dress Sizing Question!

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I'm interested in a few Kate Spade Spring dresses on their website but have never tried any of her clothes on. I'm not sure about their sizing.
I wear a 00 in dresses at J.Crew / 0 in DVF dresses / XS and sometimes a XXS in Ann Taylor dresses......
Is Kate Spade true to size (I would probably order a 00) or do they run smaller? - in that case I would stick with the 0.
I'm about 5'7" so I don't want it to be too short but my abdomen is pretty thin so I don't want the waist area to be too big which is usually the problem when something fits my hips.
One of the dresses is a final sale so I want to make sure. Thanks for any input!

crose424

Jun 18, 2011
Sunny California
I find her stuff to run on the smaller size and have always had to size up one size. I am a true 4 in most brands, but have always had to wear a 6 on Kate Spade dressed. Hope that helps!

Morisa

Nov 5, 2011
Fairly true to size, but runs small in the bust. So if you have a large bust for your size/frame, I would size up.

Except for the wrap dresses, which tend to run a size small all around.

Which dress are you looking at?

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
Fairly true to size, but runs small in the bust. So if you have a large bust for your size/frame, I would size up.

Unfortunately no large bust. :P
I'm looking at the Carol, Hailee, and Carolyn dresses.

momhappy

Jan 23, 2013

I'm glad you mentioned this because I forgot. I agree, small in the bust, so size up if need be.

Krozas

Aug 1, 2017
I have plenty of Kate Spade and I find it to run TTS or large. I'm 5'5 115 lbs, and I wear a jcrew 0/2 and a dvf 2. I always order a 0 in Kate Spade, and sometimes it's still too large. I definitely wouldn't size up.

mishgrish

Jun 9, 2016
KS dresses are really gorg! I love them. I wear a size 0, I would probably size down in certain models (specially sleeveless or loser fitting ones) since i'm a little bit errrr... flat chested ha ha awkward. Usually I'm a 0 or Xs in most brands (jcrew, ted baker etc)

vivian518

O.G.
Nov 29, 2009
I found it run large. I am an XS or S in most brands, and KS is the only brand I have to get an XXS.

thegreeneyes

Nov 12, 2017
I'm interested in a few Kate Spade Spring dresses on their website but have never tried any of her clothes on. I'm not sure about their sizing.
I wear a 00 in dresses at J.Crew / 0 in DVF dresses / XS and sometimes a XXS in Ann Taylor dresses......
Is Kate Spade true to size (I would probably order a 00) or do they run smaller? - in that case I would stick with the 0.
I'm about 5'7" so I don't want it to be too short but my abdomen is pretty thin so I don't want the waist area to be too big which is usually the problem when something fits my hips.
One of the dresses is a final sale so I want to make sure. Thanks for any input!
I always felt kate clothing runs 1-2 sizes smaller than my usual sizes. Also, they’re not forgiving for large chests :smile: