Kari's Collection

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've always loved handbags, a love that has been passed down from my Grandmother to my mother and then to me. My mom and I started purchasing Dooney and Bourke bags when I was in the 6th grade and the clasp on my favorite Guess patent leather bag broke.

I carried D&B all through middle school up until my dad decided he was going to give my mom a Coach bag for her birthday. I received my first Coach bag for my birthday a couple months later and I then switched brands. I carried Coach all through high school and my first year in college. I started to fall out of love with Coach and went back to D&B who I have been with since my sophomore year in college (I am now a senior, graduating in May).

I've thinned out my collection over the years, passing a lot of my D&B and Coach purchases on to family members, but, I am in the process of rebuilding my D&B collection and adding new pieces.

2. When I switched back to D&B this was my first purchase. The 'Tassel O-Ring Shopper' from the 1975 collection. Although I have added to my collection since this purchase, this is still one of my favorites that I go back to from time to time because of its size, the fact that it doesn't show dirt and it holds up well in the rain.

Attached Files:

3. The second bag that was added to my collection was the 'Editors Tote' in black (the picture comes off as slightly navy though). The ET has top handles and a shoulder strap. Based on my height (5' 7''), using the strap for crossbody purposes isn't ideal, but it makes a great shoulder bag from time to time.

Attached Files:

4. Dooneys will always be my first love.......my first bag was the signature tassel tote in the gray/black canvas. I still have it for sentimental purposes, even though I no longer carry it. I love the Florentine satchels (small). I've got one in plum and I'd like to get one in bone next. And the red is beautiful in the Florentine as well. I've got a total of 7 dooneys, and I know there's more in my future!

5. I have the Florentine satchel on my wishlist and plan on crossing it off around Christmas (I think the satchel would look amazing sitting under the tree). I bet your plum satchel is beautiful and the bone will be gorgeous.

6. I seem to have gotten off track as far as the order goes with the bags, so I am just going to post them individually.

This is the 'Large Duffle' in navy and it is as its name implies. I carried this as a purse for a couple weeks because I like big bags but soon felt that it was a tad too large for everyday use. When travelling, I use it for items that I don't want in my suitcase but I also use it as a school bag on days when I am not carrying a lot.

Dimensions of this bag are 19 (L) x 10.5 (W) x 11 (H).

Attached Files:

7. This was a gift from my mom when I transferred colleges. The 'Nylon Extra Large Tote' (aka a beach bag to me) came with a matching Wonderduck beach towel which I absolutely love because I have yet to see anyone with this towel when I am on vacation.

Attached Files:

8. Here is the Nylon Victoria. The best thing about this bag is what you cannot see from the outside; it has a middle zip divider and plenty of pockets aligning the front wall of the bag.

Attached Files:

9. The bag I am currently taking is the Smith bag. This has quickly become one of my favorite bags in the entire Nylon collection. The size is perfect for me (my body shape [plus size] and my height [5' 7'']). I tend to take larger bags and while this one doesn't look large, it is just the right size to fit everything I carry on a regular basis, plus my iPad and a bottle of water.

Attached Files:

10. My most recent purchase is a bag I have had on my wishlist for a while. I fell in love with this bag the first time I picked it up but I would also tell myself that I wasn't going to really use it so I would place it back on the shelf (hence the reason why I purchased the Victoria and Smith before this bag). But, this is the Mitchell bag (13" L x 7" W x 10" H) and although I have yet to take it anywhere, I am waiting for that day to come!

Also, don't mind the coin case sitting on top, that was the easiest way for me to store it until use.

Attached Files:

11. Here are my two "non-nylon" wallets. The one of the left (Florentine checkbook organizer) was a Christmas 2012 gift from my mom and the one on the right (the Medallion checkbook wallet) was one of the first Dooney and Bourke wallets I ever purchased.

Attached Files:

12. Now for some Nylon accessories. These are the only three not in use at moment and there are others inside my bag that I will reveal later. Not sure why the coin case looks uneven on pictures, but I am guessing it is the way I have it zipped up.

Attached Files:

13. My only crossbody bag. Ideal length for my height (strap is adjustable I think) and hits me right where a crossbody bag should.

Attached Files:

14. Group shot (and a peak into how I store my bags)! The only bags missing are my Mitchell (because I hadn't purchased it at the time) and my Large Pocket Satchel (which I sent in to Dooney for repairs). The wallet in front of the Smith is the one I am currently taking, which will be revealed later.

Attached Files:

15. Cute collection! I used to have the same storage unit but switched to cabinets about a year ago. I love how you display your bags :smile: