Karina From DWTS and Her Fake Birkin

LovesYSL

O.G.
Aug 13, 2009
Initially I was a little shocked that she would so blatantly carry a FUGLY fake but the more I think about it, it must not be on purpose. But still, I would never carry something that was so obviously trying to be something it's not.

mzshirls

O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
That just looks horrible.. although maybe she doesn't know its an inspired bag? I walk into Urban Outfitters and see tons of Chanel inspired flaps.. it still irks me since they look super close to the real thing... i'm willing to say some girls prob don't know and still buy them? maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Either way.. i hope someone tells her how obvious it is.. thats just embaressing

missmollypolly

College bad addict
Dec 29, 2005
DC/Moco and Boston
It's a shame she's carrying a knockoff, but I think it's worse that people are blogging about it. Carrying a fake is bad, but "outing" someone's inspired bag is worse.

carousel eyes

Dec 4, 2008
Chicago
I honestly don't think a lot of people know that many bags are copies of others. They just aren't big into fashion like we are. I saw a girl with an inspired Hermes yesterday in Topshop. It's sad, but it happens more often than not.

gymmia

Jan 10, 2008
Orange County, CA
That's shocking to me. I can understand why some people buy replicas- they can't afford the real thing, and buy a replica. However, she's a celebrity, with means. While she is no A lister by any means, I'm sure she could track down a real Birkin, if she wanted. Or if she wanted a new tacky purse, she should be able to get something like Juicy or a real python bag.

LovesYSL

O.G.
Aug 13, 2009
I agree with gymmia- she is a celeb and although not A-list she should still be able to find a real one or else a different bag. I would think being in the public eye she wouldn't want to risk bag experts calling her out. Another thought that crossed my mind was maybe she went to some "bag expert" or resale store and they purposely mislead her so she would pay a higher price. Who knows...all I know is that bag sucks.

pink.couture

Let's go shopping.
Oct 3, 2008
Denver
Hmmm. Alot of people carry fakes. I can almost lay money on it that somone gave it to her. She probably doesn't spend all of her time researching on this so when a relitive wins something like this on ebay, she will most likely love it and treasure it. Idk, that is just my 2 cents....

If she was wearing a bra, her dress wouldn't look too bad....

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
What bugs me is that this blogger is making money from Google ads on her site that are blatantly advertising fake bags. How is that any better?

LovesYSL

O.G.
Aug 13, 2009
^Which ad are you referring to, Yoogi's Closet? That's the only one I'm unfamiliar with. Totes hypocritical if it's true though.