Karate anyone?

1. I started karate about 7 months ago. I got promoted today to green belt (yea!!!) :yahoo: . I started for the exercise and self-defense training but I have found that I really love it. In the past, I've had trouble sticking to any exercise program because I tend to get bored (and I hate exercise) - but not with karate because I'm always learning something new and cool! Plus, there's the added plus that I have more confidence (wish I'd started the classes as a kid). Anyone else out there into karate or other martial arts?

2. I used to take karate in highscool and got up to a green belt. I loved it but got busy w/ school activities. I'm 40 now and would love to take it again. Maybe when my time frees up more. My kids have been taking it since they are 4 (they are almost 9) and are brown belts. They totally rock!

3. Shushopn: If you liked it, why not start again? You would have ready-made practice partners with your kids! I'm 44 and I've found that my strength and flexibility have both improved.

4. I took it for a couple of years at high school but I had to give it up because it took up way too much time and I had to study for my GCSE'S (big high school exams). I really enjoyed it and I've never been so fit in my life! I passed two different belts and was about to take my third when I gave it up. I went with three friends and we had such a laugh, we were only 13 when we started but they put us in with the adults so we were fighting all these huge guys that were black belts! so much fun.

I would start it again now that I've left school, but my job is so physical its like I go to the gym every day as it is, I think doing Karate for three hours on top of that would be a bit much and I'd start looking like Nicole Richie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice