Kan I Bag - your thoughts?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought the small Kan I recently (the one with the chain strap). It's a double chain - each link is connected to 2 other links - because of this, I notice the chain tends to kink whenever it's bent because the links don't always automatically line up perfectly with the 2 other ones. It just looks a bit messy until I straighten up the links with my hands. Does anyone else find this is the case with their Kan I chains? I know this is quite common for chunky chain straps in general (I've heard comments about it with the Chanel Boy or Diorama, for example).

2. I removed my chain and replaced it with a Fendi leather strap.

3. I love the look of the chain, I just don't like how easily it kinks and twists. I actually removed the chain from the bag once and when I held it up by one end and just let it hang naturally, it was already twisting. A well made chain should just hang straight down. I have a Givenchy WOC that has a similar issue with a twisty chain. Such a shame because quality-wise, all the other elements and hardware on my Kan I are fantastic.

4. It twists because of the type of link they used - they form a spiral. I’m not a huge fan of chains because, even though they are cute, they are loud and clunky. That being said, I have quite a few chain bags, lol.

5. Congratulations on your purchase ...how do you like the bag on using it? I’m looking at the KAN I f and getting tempted.

6. F66B9B73-ACD4-479A-B0C8-6F90C5B92B55.jpeg I think Fendi is working hard on creating new bags styles and Kan I is a rather successful effort. I am very happy with mine even despite chain twisting. But, frankly speaking, I am starting to think about Dolce bags which are pretty cool now And for the price of Kan I I could buy a hot DG.
    Your thoughts?

7. D633F77B-D9D2-4FB3-ABF0-128C8EDE6081.jpeg These Fendi straps are so versatile - I have had this one for a few years and it goes with so many bags!

I wanted to use my Kan I without the chain and switched the shoulder leather to a handle.

averagejoe and gettinpurseonal like this.
  8. Beautiful! May I ask how much you paid for this bag?

9. Nordstrom sale last month - I think I paid around $1100 ?

10. This is the exact Kan I that I have - we're bag twins! Did you attach the original leather strap directly onto the two metal rings on the top of the bag?

11. (Removed duplicate post) - My internet connection is crazy at the moment.

12. Yes - it’s a little tight but I think it works