Kale chips!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. While searching for healthy snack recipes online, I found a GREAT recipe for a super-healthy potato-chip alternative: kale chips!

I didn't measure out the ingredients, but here is what you do:

Cut up kale (use scissors) into chip-size pieces. Throw in bowl and spray with enough olive oil (or non-calorie buttery spray, as I did) to coat. Add vinegar (as I did), garlic, or other spices for more flavor. Add salt (I love salt, but take my advice and use LESS than you think you need for this recipe- the kale shrinks as it turns into chips and the salt becomes concentrated on the leaves.) Bake at 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes on a cookie sheet.

Enjoy your kale (considered one of the world's healthiest foods) chips, guilt-free!:heart:

2. Ooh sounds yum!

I usually boil kale then sautee it with a bit of olive oil, garlic and chopped bacon but this sounds really good too

Do you keep the stems or trim them off?