Jypsiere: More Pics & Opinions Please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Do you like the Jypsiere?

1. Yup

36 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. Nope

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. *

It's on my wishlist

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello!

I've read all of the Jypsiere threads (there aren't many of them really) and am drawn to its design.

I'm really keen on a birkin 30 but i think i can get a Jypsiere as well (not at the same time though - I wish).

So please post more pictures and opinions - ease of use, modeling pics on how you wear them for everyday, etc.

Thanks very much!

2. I do love the Jypsiere so much so that I am thinking of getting another one :graucho: ...... I love the look of the bag and the ability to have both of my hands free when doing my daily routine (visiting H, of course........ ha ha ha :graucho:) ........... Here is an action shot with my Alezan 37cm Clemence............. and also two shots of a closed up pictures of the bag..................;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sferics likes this.
  3. Sydspy the bag looks great on you.

Essentially for me it is a casual bag and the price point puts me off for such a casual looking bag. Personally if I wanted to be hands free for the money I'd rather pick a kelly. Also a few members have said that it is quite difficult to get in and out of which for me negates the whole purpose of having an easy everyday bag.

4. I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been agonizing over the same question - I have one birkin, one kelly, one picotin and am thinking about a casual shoulder bag. I've tried the jypsiere on a couple of times and I'm torn ... love the wide, comfy strap and am ok with the size but wonder about how it'll look with the flap tucked in ....

help!:confused1:

5. Thank you!!!! Sydspy, Syma, Livethelake & A La Mode

sydspy, can you maybe post pics with the flap up? i saw that the hardware on the hokks are exposed as opposed to the birkin's hidden ones.

A La Mode: I'm quite intrigued by the Jypsiere because it may be a casual bag but some people bring it to parties and gathering too. And since i don't attend formal events the Jypsiere will be a nice addition.

Currently I have a 32 gold kelly, a 34 etoupe lindy & a prune evelyne gm3.

I only wanted a birkin because i feel an H fan needs a birkin. but now that i saw the Jypsiere it made me rethink. I also like the Jypsiere because it's not to common but at the same time has elements of being an Hermes bag. I just don't know which colors to pic though. it has to be a feminine color like rouge h maybe or prune. But i'm loving the dark blue on the website though.

I also plan to wear the bag with the flaps undone and put my wallet in the zippered compartment. I love secure bags.

6. #7 Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Here are some pictures I've gathered from the Asian, Socialite & Celeb Threads

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. especially for Livethelake.....borrowed from KaLindy in the A Year Later thread and other sources

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From KaLindy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Thanks baileylab for this thread. I was drawn to Jypsiere a few months ago. I'm craving for a unique looking H messenger bag. It was said to be a pretty heavy bag [a no-no for me]. How to place the flap [as other members had pointed out] is a concern too. After seeing numerous pictures, I'm less and less interested in it ! I like the bag itself, but I am afraid it'll make my petite frame short and stout !!! because it is shaped east-west [big sigh]. It seems [to me] Jypsiere fits men much better . I haven't given it up yet but the fever is coming down a bit.

Can anyone provide the weight measurement of any size ? thanks in advance.

10. Sydspy, you do wear it so well!! I fully understand your considering getting another one.

11. Baileylab ... can you tell me how your Lindy 34 compares and what you're looking for in the Jypsiere that would be different? That's another option for me, but when I've tried it on in the boutique it felt a little unstructured .... same thing for the Marwari

12. #13 Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    Annelovepuggy - "my petite frame short and stout !!!"

you most definitely are not that. i've seen your modeling pics on your gorgeous SO Kelly. I'm stouter than you are heheheh

13. A La Mode, the lindy is a totally different bag. I treat myself to bags every year when we take our annual family vaca. and one is coming up so another bag for me!

anyways, the jypsiere is a totally different look for me. my main concern is that i hope the shoulder drop won't be too low (hip length for me) as to make the bag very heavy. I hope it can be adjusted to about 10 - 11" drop which is also the lindy 34's drop, which is perfect for me to get things.

actually i wanted a birkin but really, it's so common now so i guess a Jypsiere looks closest to a birkin. but for all we know i might still get the birkin and save the jypsiere for next year. I'm also keen on getting a massai cut gm instead of a marwari. I feel the massai has this boho vibe like the marwari but the massai is dressier.

and judging from the pics i've picked up the jypsiere is also suitable for smart casual occasions. i might even end up with a cute 28 depending on how much i can put in a 28. If a 28 can fit the same things as a 30 then i'm (almost) sold.

14. baileylab - I'm not sure if I'm looking good if a bag convers my whole butt !? Anyway, it's a cool bag! Are you visiting the H boutique soon and try them on yourself ? or you're going to get it while you're on vacation ? Oh, I'm just hoping to see more modelling shots ! I do not vote for the poll because my mind is in "not sure" state.