Jypses 28/toolbox 20 or other model as a mum with a new born

tashy_y

O.G.
Feb 19, 2011
Dear hermes lovers,

I'm expecting a new born in sept... I'm looking for a daily bag which I can use when I go out with the baby etc...

Currently I already have a Lindy 30, Victoria 35, GP 36, K32 (sellier).

Beside the K32 have a long Strap... I'm not sure if L30 would be easy, hassle free kinda bag......L30 is very roomy, but it is kinda bulky as I'm only 5ft2 so I'm hunting for a new one...

If you pick jyp 28...What color would you go for ~black with Phw(togo) or gris mouette with phw (togo)?

Or would you go for toolbox 20 ~ capuchin with ghw (evercolor) ?

Would gris mouette and capuchin hard to maintain? As they are light in color?

Thanks for sharing your experience... cheers..xoxo

Attachments

• 20200619_083112.jpg
    20200619_083112.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200619_083054.jpg
    20200619_083054.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200619_083036.jpg
    20200619_083036.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 6
I can’t comment on the maintenance because I only have darker colored Hermes bags but toolbox will be easier to access contents inside. My son hated stroller so I always held him in my arms or in a baby carrier and often my hands were not available to do things.

Reactions: tashy_y
I don't own a Jysperie but heard that its cumbersome to get in/out of. If you have a K32, and you don't mind it, it's probably somewhat similar in terms of fussiness.

I'm biased but I'm a big fan of the toolbox for the following reasons:
1) understated
2) versatile
3) hand carry and shoulder carry option
4) wide and roomy - fits a lot
5) easy to access if "Batwinged" or unfastened

I would just make sure the strap is long enough for you. As far as colors, I prefer dark colors because, for me, light colored bags are hard to maintain. I sold a Gris T Kelly for that reason but it depends on your lifestyle and if you baby your bags.

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with your decision.

When my son was a baby, I used my toolbox 26 a lot as a baby/diaper bag. It's the perfect size and it is easier to close and open compared to my Lindy or Kelly. Also, the strap was wide so it was not hard to carry even if I got the whole house inside it. Congrats on the new baby!

Reactions: talalee and tashy_y
When my son was a baby, I used my toolbox 26 a lot as a baby/diaper bag. It's the perfect size and it is easier to close and open compared to my Lindy or Kelly. Also, the strap was wide so it was not hard to carry even if I got the whole house inside it. Congrats on the new baby!
What leather is your tb26?

The color and leather still looks as good as when I bought it before I had my son in 2014. It has a few scratches mostly from my nails that blended in over time. I have a D&G insert inside it all the time to keep the structure. No corner wear at all. The only thing I’m careful with it (and with any of my bags actually) is bumping the corner . Swift is pretty durable actually and I have several bags and clutches in that leather.

Reactions: tashy_y
I don't own a Jysperie but heard that its cumbersome to get in/out of. If you have a K32, and you don't mind it, it's probably somewhat similar in terms of fussiness.

I'm biased but I'm a big fan of the toolbox for the following reasons:
1) understated
2) versatile
3) hand carry and shoulder carry option
4) wide and roomy - fits a lot
5) easy to access if "Batwinged" or unfastened

I would just make sure the strap is long enough for you. As far as colors, I prefer dark colors because, for me, light colored bags are hard to maintain. I sold a Gris T Kelly for that reason but it depends on your lifestyle and if you baby your bags.

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with your decision.
Hi! I have not seen the Toolbox on the Hermes website recently. Do you think its just temporary or has it been discontinued? Thank you if you have any information!

I agree with people who said Toolbox 26 over a 20. I don't have either bag but I saw a Toolbox 20 when I went to the H store and not only was the bag super small, the shoulder strap was not long enough - I think it was shorter than the Lindy 26 I tried. I'm 5'10" and found both to be very uncomfortable for shoulder carry. If you want to carry Mommy+Baby needs in one bag, get at least a size 26 bag!

I used the Toolbox 26 as a Mummy bag but I would always bring a separate diaper bag (not keen getting my H bags soiled by diaper creams or dirty baby clothes lol)
Otherwise, the canvas Garden Party is lighter (and cheaper) option that I can hang on the stroller. Hope this helps :smile: