Juste un clou sizing

lilpikachu

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Feels fine. It doesn’t really move and wondering should it?
Or if I put on weight?
I posted this response in another thread but I’ll put it here too.

This was a few years ago - I originally ordered a 16 JUC however on the day I went to pick it up, my wrist was super puffy and the JUC didn’t seem to have the same free movement that I was used to with my LOVE (it was a six week wait so I must have put on weight in my wrist). Anyways, the SA and I decided that a 17 JUC was probably better (if I wanted that slightly loose feeling) so I had to wait a few more weeks for the 17 to come in and ultimately I went home with that.

I recently went to the boutique to try on the JUC ring and asked to try on a 16 JUC. It does fit me now and it can freely move around my wrist (guess I must have lost some weight) but I can’t justify owning two JUCs so I am very happy with what I have.

It looks fine on you but does depend on your comfort level right now (I couldn’t have predicted back then that my wrist size would change and that the 16 JUC would eventually fit fine (maybe I was just having a bad day)).

Do you also have a LOVE bracelet? Stacking those two pieces together changes everything. If you’re wearing the JUC solo, then I would probably say size up if you want a lot of movement. Otherwise, stick to what you already have because (quoting myself from that same thread):

The 17 JUC is larger than the 17 LOVE. As many people have mentioned, you should go with one size smaller than your LOVE if your intention is to stack. I wasn’t planning on stacking my pieces but I left the boutique with them both on my wrist. I wore the JUC lower on my wrist (nail head towards my fingers) and by the end of the day, my LOVE was scratched up like crazy. I think I continued to wear them stacked for about three weeks until I decided to take off my JUC. I couldn’t get it off by myself so I had to ask my partner to help me (to this day, I still can’t open it by myself - old mechanism).

I have worn my JUC solo on my left wrist but my preference is really on my right hand (non dominant hand) but I also don’t want to keep scratching the top of my LOVE. I know scratches are normal from daily wear but seeing scratch marks (indented lines) across the top of my LOVE purely because my pieces are two different sizes really bothered me. So whilst I’ve never removed my LOVE since it was put on my wrist in the boutique, my JUC has sadly not been worn as much as my LOVE. I truly love the JUC though so I will most likely start wearing it again (just need to get a spacer to wear between both pieces) and I can’t sell my piece because my partner and I bought one for each other so it has sentimental value.

Sorry for the essay - I hope it helps you decide what to do!

lilpikachu

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I love your stack! The JUC fits in perfectly with your other pieces :tup:

I think it looks good but if possible, I would recommend going back to the boutique to try the next size up. Just so you know how it feels in terms of movement. Your other pieces look slightly looser so that is probably why you’re questioning if the JUC is the right size.

Let us know how you go!

Reactions: sarachryan

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
This would be a private sale. So that’s what’s making me hesitate. But I like the way it stays put and the others move.

lilpikachu

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I’ve always got the mindset (when it comes to expensive items lol), when in doubt, don’t.

I understand if this is a private sale but can you still go to your local boutique and try the pieces on anyways? Just so you’re 100% sure!

Reactions: sarachryan

swiss-miss

Apr 6, 2017
I’m afraid that’s what I’ve started to think
I was in the same dilemma the larger one felt too big - I exchanged it for a smaller size but after a while it hurt my wristbone and in hot weather it felt too snug... brought it back and exchanged it again!! I am kind of between two sizes. Maybe you can go back to the boutique and try on the larger size?!

lumkeikei

O.G.
Jun 7, 2007
I have the same dilemma, I am between size 16 and 17. 16 looks just right and 17 can spin. However, I live in a very hot and humid place so i am leaning towards 17...