Juste Un Clou JUC Bracelet Sizing thread

Hello Everyone!

This is my first JUC, bought it in YG size 15. I feel like it looks big on me & if I put a bit of force, the bracelet would rotate on my wrist. I’m hesitant to keep it because I feel like it’s not the right fit for me. I’m thinking of exchanging it for a love bracelet as I’ve heard they are a bit smaller in size but I love the JUC design more. Ugh. I’ve added some photos. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

View attachment 4828993

View attachment 4828994

View attachment 4828995
May I ask the size of your wrist?

I'm a big fan the original JUC. It's just SO beautiful. Especially in RG or YG with a bit of diamonds.
The small JUC looks like a piece of wire, I think it just misses something.

Sizing wide, I can't decide for you, as I like my bracelets to be able to slide 1/3 way down my arm. So I'm not a "snug" fit person.

A piece of wire, a nail, a screw nut. Seems Cartier's design department is located next to a Home Depot :biggrin:

The design of JUC is hands down ingenious, but this direction into the small category doesn't translate well, because it looks like a piece of wire that can easily be bended, dented, mis-shaped.

On the other hand, the transition from original LOVE to small LOVE, I like very much. And it's gaining a lot of popularity. Because it makes a statement piece dainty, and feminine. And even though the small LOVE looks thin, it's very strong. I've accidentally hit mine on multiple surfaces, yet nothing changes the integrity of the oval.

So in my eyes, definitely one hit and one miss.

As I only have 3 small Loves (and some regular ones) I cannot judge for the JUC. However, looking at the pictures combining a small Love with a thin JUC gives a perfect look. A small JUC alone would not make the deal I agree. A small Love just does.

Reactions: Sesphyr
Agreed that it looks big. You can get the love bracelet in size 15 which will be smaller than the juc size 15. Let us know what you decide!

The love bracelet just never really spoke to me the same way as the JUC. If I wear it on my non-dominant wrist with my watch, it kinda creates an illusion of not looking as big. If I wear it on my dominant wrist, it looks better. (or I’m just making excuses to keeps it! :lol:)

2B2F7F91-C3E4-4227-A63C-0FF6FAB9B9D5.jpeg

63B542D0-E18B-406E-9D38-371E4C5B81E4.jpeg

EC6D06AF-FB6C-485D-B0E0-540B026EC2E3.jpeg

In the first pictures you posted, it looks a bit big. Have you tried on the thin one? Maybe that will look better. I plan to get the regular one later this week and I actually think I may face the same issue. My dominant wrist is a bit bigger than yours though, ~13.5cm.

Reactions: hhw
Are you measuring your wrist at the wrist bone? I find pictures deceiving. I like to know actual wrist bone measurement.

If done correctly using the Cartier wrist sizer, you can figure out the correct Love bracelet size for yourself depending on your preference of fit (tight, exact, loose).

Additionally, you can figure out your JUC size by working backwards using the Cartier wrist sizer. Once you figure out your Love size, then go down a size for the JUC.

It doesn’t look THAT big to me (maybe a tad), and if you adore it more than the Love than you shouldn’t settle for the Love. Perhaps it just takes an adjustment period, and it really depends if you are comfortable with the feel/look - it looks like it falls around 1/3 down your arm, which I think looks nice.

You still have time to decide and adjust - just try not to get scratches on it while deciding.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mirame007
In the first pictures you posted, it looks a bit big. Have you tried on the thin one? Maybe that will look better. I plan to get the regular one later this week and I actually think I may face the same issue. My dominant wrist is a bit bigger than yours though, ~13.5cm.

The first pictures posted were worn on my non-dominant wrist (13cm) & 2nd last 2 photos were on my dominant (13.5cm). I was actually thinking of getting the small with diamonds, but worn together I still prefer the look of the original. Please update us on what you end up getting!

Reactions: hhw
Are you measuring your wrist at the wrist bone? I find pictures deceiving. I like to know actual wrist bone measurement.

If done correctly using the Cartier wrist sizer, you can figure out the correct Love bracelet size for yourself depending on your preference of fit (tight, exact, loose).

Additionally, you can figure out your JUC size by working backwards using the Cartier wrist sizer. Once you figure out your Love size, then go down a size for the JUC.

It doesn’t look THAT big to me (maybe a tad), and if you adore it more than the Love than you shouldn’t settle for the Love. Perhaps it just takes an adjustment period, and it really depends if you are comfortable with the feel/look - it looks like it falls around 1/3 down your arm, which I think looks nice.

You still have time to decide and adjust - just try not to get scratches on it while deciding.

Yes, I did measure at my wrist bone: non-dominant is 13cm & dominant 13.5cm.

I think even when the sizing of the wrist is done correctly, you have to factor in that people have different wrist/arm shapes that'll make the bracelet fit & look differently.
My love size would be a 15, so JUC would be a 14. TBH, I don't want to pay premium for a bracelet with lesser amount of gold.
The feel is fine, it does move more but doesn't really bother me knowing that it wouldn't slide off my hand even if I apply force. Also, you're absolutely right about not settling for a love & taking time to get used to the look as I've always gravitated towards link/chain bracelets, never bothered with bangle type because I don't do well with them.
Thank you for your response! Although I prefer the tight fit because of my line of work, I THINK :lol: I've reached a decision of keeping it. When I'm not obsessing about it not being tight enough, I catch myself liking the loose look.

A16356FE-ED84-41FC-A5DB-8EED593D586A.jpeg

9381D75A-47C2-4198-B210-DCA58D4F2D37.jpeg