Just when I thought I made my decision...I need help again! Alma BB epi Silver Black vs DE?

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
In my search for the perfect casual crossbody, I ruled out the Vernis Alma. When I took a good honest look at my wardrobe, it was just too dressy.

I plan on using this bag mainly for weekend errands/lunches, travel, and occasionally to the office if I'm feeling like a cute small bag.

I thought I made my decision with the Epi in silver black:IMG_6102.PNG

But now the DE is calling my name!
IMG_6586.PNG
The DE canvas I feel is much more carefree and goes with everything. Canvas just fits my style and lifestyle so well. BUT I already have a DE Caissa hobo. My other LV piece is a mono Speedy B 30. Shouldn't I have some variety, since I don't have an epi piece yet, and since I was originally looking for a grey bag?

For those who own Alma BBs in the DE or epi, does one require more babying than the other?

Does anyone own, or has seen, the silver black epi in person? Is it too dressy in your opinion?

I am planning to see both bags in person, I just hoped for some advice going in.

I've also attached some examples of my most-worn work and weekend outfits from my Stylebook app, if this helps provide context as well. As you can see, my weekend wear is pretty casual.
IMG_6543.JPG IMG_6576.JPG

Thanks in advance!

In my search for the perfect casual crossbody, I ruled out the Vernis Alma. When I took a good honest look at my wardrobe, it was just too dressy.

I plan on using this bag mainly for weekend errands/lunches, travel, and occasionally to the office if I'm feeling like a cute small bag.

I thought I made my decision with the Epi in silver black:View attachment 3565363

But now the DE is calling my name!
View attachment 3565362
The DE canvas I feel is much more carefree and goes with everything. Canvas just fits my style and lifestyle so well. BUT I already have a DE Caissa hobo. My other LV piece is a mono Speedy B 30. Shouldn't I have some variety, since I don't have an epi piece yet, and since I was originally looking for a grey bag?

For those who own Alma BBs in the DE or epi, does one require more babying than the other?

Does anyone own, or has seen, the silver black epi in person? Is it too dressy in your opinion?

I am planning to see both bags in person, I just hoped for some advice going in.

I've also attached some examples of my most-worn work and weekend outfits from my Stylebook app, if this helps provide context as well. As you can see, my weekend wear is pretty casual.
View attachment 3565364 View attachment 3565365

Thanks in advance!
First off , I really like your style :smile: I am a pretty casual person when it comes to my wardrobe ..
I have two Almas . One bb in Epi electric and a PM in DE . I LOVE structured handbags so Alma was a must for me . I purchased the DE PM to use for everyday . And the bb for going out with my husband . I use my DE one much more . But I adore my EE . This is a tough decision because I feel like both bags go very well with your outfits . I must say , I did try the Epi alma you posted on once while I was at LV . I only had a grey pair of skinny jeans on with a purple cowl neck cotton top and it did not look good at all ! . I feel the grey/ silver Alma bb has a bit of a shine to it . So depending on what you are wearing it could clash . Where as the DE i feel is more forgiving . Unless you are wearing a dress with a crazy pattern, then no . I dont want to sway you one way or the other because both bags are very beautiful ! And the Epi one is more unique . I suggest when trying them on , go with what your heart tells you :smile: GL .

Reactions: Breadnbrie
Going against the grain and voting DE. It will go with everything pictured above and could be a bag to have for years to come. The silver/black I saw in person, and even though I thought it looked fun and different, it just seemed to look off against a simple deep plum colored sweater.

Going against the grain and voting DE. It will go with everything pictured above and could be a bag to have for years to come. The silver/black I saw in person, and even though I thought it looked fun and different, it just seemed to look off against a simple deep plum colored sweater.

I agree. Have to say I would have voted for a plain epi Alma BB if that had been an option. OP, any reason why you're not considering the regular epi?

Reactions: j19 and Breadnbrie