Just when I thought I made my decision...I need help again! Alma BB epi Silver Black vs DE?

Update!

So I held off on pulling the trigger on the silver black, and went to the store today. Turns out they had one more of the solid dark grey epi, which I thought might probably match my stuff more, and stand the test of time. I tried that on, the noir epi electric, and also the Vernis amarante alma BB that I was drooling over before. While all were GORGEOUS and incredibly tempting, I just couldn't get past the shiny-ness on me. Others seem to wear it so well and I don't think they're super shiny on their own, but it just looked slightly "off" on me, for the purposes I intend to use it for.

Meanwhile, I totally fell in love with the DE! It was adorable, and just looked right at home on my hip [emoji3]

I also tried on the NF MM and found that I just could not part with my Caissa today. I suppose I'll just "have" to get another NF, maybe in epi, in the future, I got time!:graucho:[emoji38]

I'm so glad I went to the store; now I never have to wonder what if! I thank all you lovely members so much for your help!

Here's my new baby:View attachment 3566152View attachment 3566189
This looks absolutely fantastic and perfect on you! The alma bb (esp in DE) is what drew me to LV years ago. Such a gorgeous classic piece that will always look great. Someday I hope to add one to my collection too. Congratulations and enjoy!

Reactions: Breadnbrie
It's an adorable bag :smile: Since I bought the Silver Black one, I became a TRUE Alma BB lover and I envision myself in the future with a full collection, in all colors and canvases and everything :P Congratulations on your purchase, this little bag rocks!
Oh my god after carrying around the bag today, I can totally see myself owning a closet full of these babies if I win the lottery!! I never thought I would love the Alma BB because of the size, but it's just perfect!
Congrats!! I just think the DE will look great for years and years to come, not to mention how great it looks with what you're wearing. The solid dark grey epi that you speak of is the anthracite color. I was going to suggest it at the beginning of your post, but thought they were all gone due to it being a seasonal color. I bought the Cluny MM in anthracite a little over a year ago and LOVE it. However, I did try on the Alma BB also in the anthracite and it didn't wow me like the color did on the Cluny. Plus, I already have one Alma BB and my SA was really pushing me towards the Cluny because of this and his love for the Cluny in this color!! He's pretty honest with what looks good and bad on me, which I appreciate so much! Also glad you kept your Caissa. It's such a beautiful bag!!

Thanks so much! Yes exactly, for some reason the BB size Epi bags in dark colors (grey, blue) didn't wow me.

This looks so cute on you! Like you, I can't do shininess -- it looks great on others, but "off" on me. Not sure if the Alma BB will work for me due to the size, but I always thought if I do get one, it would be in Epi. Now you have me considering the DE as well -- it gives the bag a great casual vibe. Thanks for the enabling ... I think! :P

p.s. The Caisa hobo is such a unique looking bag, I personally would not trade it for a Neverfull.
Thank you! I have to say that after carrying it for a day, I was thinking where has this bag been all my life! I'm definitely a larger bag girl, but there's a time and place for a smaller carefree crossbody bag. Surprisingly, it fit all my essentials as well, so I didn't downsize that much. Today it went from office to lunch to happy hour seamlessly. I also really like how I can grab the DE print bags and go without having to worry about whether it matches. I love this bag so much that I'm seriously considering a future Alma BB in epi or vernis to mix it up, but I'm really happy I got the DE print first! Hope that helps you in your bag search ;)

Update!

So I held off on pulling the trigger on the silver black, and went to the store today. Turns out they had one more of the solid dark grey epi, which I thought might probably match my stuff more, and stand the test of time. I tried that on, the noir epi electric, and also the Vernis amarante alma BB that I was drooling over before. While all were GORGEOUS and incredibly tempting, I just couldn't get past the shiny-ness on me. Others seem to wear it so well and I don't think they're super shiny on their own, but it just looked slightly "off" on me, for the purposes I intend to use it for.

Meanwhile, I totally fell in love with the DE! It was adorable, and just looked right at home on my hip :biggrin:

I also tried on the NF MM and found that I just could not part with my Caissa today. I suppose I'll just "have" to get another NF, maybe in epi, in the future, I got time!:graucho::lol:

I'm so glad I went to the store; now I never have to wonder what if! I thank all you lovely members so much for your help!

Here's my new baby:View attachment 3566152View attachment 3566189
Congrats on your buy! The DE is so timeless and classic, you can never go wrong! Beautiful bag!

Reactions: Breadnbrie