Just wanted to share my sadness...

Maja80

window shopping :-)
Sep 13, 2007
So my husband and I have been having some financial difficulties lately. He was out of a job for about 6 months and recently got something new but it's alot less money. I work part time and have been looking for another job but have had no luck so far. Over some time now i've been selling a bunch of my bags to make money for bills and various necessites. Well a couple weeks ago I found out that I will have no job for the summer (I work for a local park district and I will not be hired for the summer program). So I had to make the very hard decision to sell the rest of my beloved bags :cry: But the good news is that I got to keep the 5 bags that mean the most to me and are my favorites! So the bags I kept are my 2007 Aquamarine City, 2005 Olive Work, 2005 Turquoise Twiggy, 2007 Black Courier and my 2009 Galet Men's Day. It's nice because they are all different styles so I have a nice variety. I also kept my LV Mono Alma and my LV XL Black Mahina (that was my ultimate HG) because those have sentimental value to me. So that's my sad story. Hopefully one day I will be able to buy some more bags but for now, i'm very happy with what I have left :biggrin:

Oh, I hope things turn around for the better!!! I send you many :hugs:.
As far as the bbags you decided to keep, I think you made the right decision especially with the '05s.

I am sure all will go better in some time and then you will be able to buy newer bags, more current colors, they change so much all the time that this cleaning is actually very good think for a change. Besides leaving some loved classics, I would suggest something like this for all of us to do..

I have had plenty of ups and downs, and recently got an opportunity to find long lost and forgotten beloved shoes, someone's new, not worn...all will go in a cycle towards better again

Maja 080,

I am so sorry to hear of your financial predicament. As you well know, this economy has meant disaster for many families. I work at a community college and we have record high enrollment...which always happens when the economy is on the fritz. I am glad that your husband found something new. I know it means a loss with regard to former salary, but hopefully he enjoys the work and it is temporary (salary wise). I applaud you in making the handbag sacrifice, but love what you chose to keep for yourself. Wear them all in good health and let's hope things right themselves sooner than later. Stay strong! :smile:

Just a thought here. I wish I could remember who, but one of us here, has as a signature, words from Carrie (SATC). "I like my money right where I can see it, in my closet."

I've often had to sell something to fund real life too, and though it is really painful, it is sooo nice to be able to turn a "thing," into money when I need to.

It sounds like you have a great attitude, and I know all is going to turn around for you and yours soon. Meanwhile, yours sounds like a home full of love, and that is something no amount of beautiful bags can duplicate. :hugs:

Awwww, Maja80, I hope that things get better soon! This economy is a disaster! I'm a teacher, and for the first time in years, our district is terminating people. It's awful. I'm so sorry for your situation!

sorry you are going through some challenges. Life is about ups and downs, but look at it this way, you are lucky you had bbags that are still selling pretty well instead of some other brands to help you out. Plus sounds like you were able to save the ones that meant the most to you. I hope things pick up for you and your DH real soon. best wishes.

hope things will get better maja...i am in the same boat as you at the moment, luckily your SO has found a job, one to go now!:hugs:
wishing you all the best and luck, you'll find something i am sure!

MAJA80......I hope your situation turns around.....but I'm so glad you got to keep some of your favorite BBags. Not to worry, Balenciaga always comes out with fabulous new colors every season that everyone "has to have"....including you:hugs: