Just wanted to share my arduous journey to my first B Bag

figgy55

Feb 20, 2014
I've wanted a Balenciaga city bag for over 10 years now. So, for the past few months leading up to my recently passed birthday I've been researching where to buy and what to buy. After being led astray by the cheaper price of the Philip Lim Pashli (returned immediately) in late April, I decided I'd buy the city when NM's had their next gift card event.

I ordered the rose gold city this past Sunday and I was dying of excitement the whole week! Especially because it took them so long to process, I got two day shipping but it was not delivered until yesterday. When I finally got the "delivered" status on the tracking page I could barely contain myself at work! When I left that day I figured I was only an hour or so away from my long awaited city bag. Then my train got stuck for an hour... Then I got a nail in my tire and it went flat... By the time I got home hours later I was fuming but happy to open my package!

After I had the box open and the tissue paper cleared the first thing I could see were the handles sticking out of the top of the dust bag. I thought to myself, "they look big, wouldn't it be horrible if they sent you a work bag?". Guess what? THEY SENT ME A WORK BAG! I have to admit I cried, the wait, along with the terrible commute home did it for me. I got on the online chat immediately (I can never get NM's on the phone!) and explained what happened. They let me order again, reinstated my promos and offered me free overnight. I still won't receive the bag until Tuesday earliest, due to their slow processing. Every experience I've had with NM's online customer service has been incredibly pleasant though.

Here's hoping they get it right this time and that I get to join the Balenciaga club Tuesday!

So happy to hear you are getting the bag of your dreams soon. Horrible experience though, I now just how you feel (waited weeks for the perfect pair of shoes, and then they shipped me a pair 3 sizes too big from what I ordered. Almost cried as well just by being so annoyed ha ha!)

But it will just be that much better when you actually receive the right one - and it's on its way, yay! ;) Rose gold i gorgeous, big congrats can't wait to see it. Post pictures!! :smile:

Awwww, it's on it's way, just few more days, I'm excited for you and rose gold hardware is gorgeous ! It will be worth the wait :smile: pls post pics when she Arrives on Tuesday , have a good weekend , hugs ....

OMG- that's awful!!! I can only imagine how disappointed and frustrated you must feel. I hope you love the bag when it arrives. Neiman's CS has always been great, but their delivery times drive me nuts. Can't wait to see your new bag!

What???!!! Girl, you are going through hell. I am so sorry. :sad: What is going on?! I've been so frustrated for you reading these posts!! Give them hell!!!
I called my cc company, they said it's not them. Im on hold with NM now, they seem pretty frazzled, getting a manager involved. If I can get this reordered today with all my same promotions fine, if not, NM has lost a customer for life! I will order straight from Balenciaga.

Good luck. Really! I am sending you good vibes from Massachusetts!!! I would be going insane right now. Please let us know how things work out. NM sounds very disorganized, to say the least. :sad:

Good luck. Really! I am sending you good vibes from Massachusetts!!! I would be going insane right now. Please let us know how things work out. NM sounds very disorganized, to say the least. :sad:
Well I got hung up on, called again and this lady was incredibly slow, telling me they couldn't use the same promos and everything. she kept just trying to get me to order at full price. I hung up on her, I'm ordering from Barneys currently because they don't seem to charge me tax.

I am incredibly disappointed in Neiman Marcus. I was very excited at the prospect of buying future bags there. They have lost a customer for life, one that would have spent a lot of money on bags.

What a nightmare! It is possible that they didn't have the rhhg City in stock, is it still showing on their site? Either way it is a very poor customer service. I have had some back-ordered drama from them myself after several easy online purchases before that. When it's bad, it's really bad.
I hope Barney's has your bag and if you can get it tax free, all the better!
Please keep us updated!

btw they should be noting the promo offers in your account. When I had my fiasco it was all there for cs to view. It's absolute bs that they would not acknowledge this.

What a nightmare! It is possible that they didn't have the rhhg City in stock, is it still showing on their site? Either way it is a very poor customer service. I have had some back-ordered drama from them myself after several easy online purchases before that. When it's bad, it's really bad.
I hope Barney's has your bag and if you can get it tax free, all the better!
Please keep us updated!

btw they should be noting the promo offers in your account. When I had my fiasco it was all there for cs to view. It's absolute bs that they would not acknowledge this.
I thought perhaps it may have been a back order problem, but they didn't mention that. I do still see it on their site. Most everyone I have spoken to at NM was acknowledging the promos no problem, just this last lady seemed to have a problem. It was too late anyway. I will write them and let them know about this, maybe they can get my business back.

In the mean time I ordered the classic city RH from Barneys. Decided not to go with rose gold because I wanted tassels. Just got the confirmation!

I thought perhaps it may have been a back order problem, but they didn't mention that. I do still see it on their site. Most everyone I have spoken to at NM was acknowledging the promos no problem, just this last lady seemed to have a problem. It was too late anyway. I will write them and let them know about this, maybe they can get my business back.

In the mean time I ordered the classic city RH from Barneys. Decided not to go with rose gold because I wanted tassels. Just got the confirmation!
:tup:
Hoping for no more snafus for you! Definitely write to them, I have done this and they were responsive.

Glad you've gotten to order what you want. I love tassels myself, so much that I've never been tempted by the other hardware. NM handled this VERY poorly IMO. Can't wait to see your new bag!!

Arg, so frustrating for you, I can only imagine how annoyed you must be! Not the kind of hassle/treatment you want when spending that amount of money. Unacceptable :sad:

Hope you'll love, love, love the rh one when it arrives and it will make you forget about this whole episode. Hugs