Just wanted to share my arduous journey to my first B Bag

OMG.....I had problem with NM online as well. I ordered a Mauve City and was sent Ultraviolet. Plus my dust bag had holes in it. Called CS and was promised a new dust bag on the 8th. I called last night and was told they didn't have any Balenciaga bag, but could send me a generic dust bag. Um...NO! Going to drive an hour to the store and if I don't get a dust bag I'm returning the purse. I know it's petty, but this is my first purchase and it was not a pleasant experience. I just expect better from NM.

I came here to prompt the OP for some mod pics :P

But ^^^ wow. I remember when you said they were going to send you a new one. Is there anyone else you can talk to who will do it? Can you call the store directly? Or is this the store that you are communicating with? This all seems ridiculous to me. It would cost them pennies to send one.

If you guys remember, I had a very difficult experience ordering and Balenciaga city bag from Neiman Marcus (got the wrong bag, order was cancelled) and ultimately gave my business to Barney's. I figured I would email them about this before I took my business elsewhere for good. I received their reply yesterday and it did absolutely nothing to redeem themselves in my eyes.

They once again insisted that my order being cancelled was the the fault of my cc company, saying they denied the charge. My cc company informed me that my account is in excellent standing, and that with my credit limit there would be no reason they'd deny the charge. They insisted that I should have never been able to use the 10% off welcome offer with the GC promo, and therefore would never have had it reinstated. I know for a fact that this is a lie, because when I bought a Pashli from them in April I was easily able to use both codes. I would have received a gift card if I hadn't returned the bag, I have the email telling me so.

I'm thinking about emailing a reply, trying to decide if it's worth it. I do know that Neiman Marcus will never see any business from me again. If anyone is interested in seeing the email exchange I can post it.

I think it should be possible to talk to someone at your CC company about the specific transaction, not your credit health in general with them. The comments they made were not specific to the attempt to swipe it at Neiman Marcus on that day. Why else would NM cancel the order? I mean, selling high-ticket items is their business, and growing a customer is in their corporate interest. So I'd want to be very sure about what happened before concluding they did you wrong.

And it's possible NM changed its policy about combining GC with 10% off code since your Pashli purchase. Is it stated anywhere that you can definitely combine them? Or stated that you can't? If not, it's their discretion.

Finally, if you feel you're totally right about this, then you've found a company that doesn't work for you. They're all mixed bags. Beyond that, why invest any energy.

I think it should be possible to talk to someone at your CC company about the specific transaction, not your credit health in general with them. The comments they made were not specific to the attempt to swipe it at Neiman Marcus on that day. Why else would NM cancel the order? I mean, selling high-ticket items is their business, and growing a customer is in their corporate interest. So I'd want to be very sure about what happened before concluding they did you wrong.

And it's possible NM changed its policy about combining GC with 10% off code since your Pashli purchase. Is it stated anywhere that you can definitely combine them? Or stated that you can't? If not, it's their discretion.

Finally, if you feel you're totally right about this, then you've found a company that doesn't work for you. They're all mixed bags. Beyond that, why invest any energy.
I understand that promos are really under the company's discretion, but I just feel that their reply regarding mixing the codes is a cop out. As recent as late May I played around with trying to apply a GC code and another promo I had to an order.

As for the credit card debacle, when I found the order was cancelled I called my company and they looked into the transaction. They had the purchase on record and assured me it was not their side that denied it. That's all I can really go on. I talked to another rep on the phone after I found my order was cancelled and this one seemed to have no idea why the order was cancelled, she didn't mention my credit card. The card info was put in manually by customer service online, maybe that had something to do with it? I guess I won't ever really know.

I just wanted to share because I kind of expected more from them. I'm not even sure they read the entire email because they offered to let me redeem a GC promo if I wanted to purchase the bag again, even though I explained I had already turned to another retailer. I just never expected this kind of experience from such a high end company.

If you guys remember, I had a very difficult experience ordering and Balenciaga city bag from Neiman Marcus (got the wrong bag, order was cancelled) and ultimately gave my business to Barney's. I figured I would email them about this before I took my business elsewhere for good. I received their reply yesterday and it did absolutely nothing to redeem themselves in my eyes.

They once again insisted that my order being cancelled was the the fault of my cc company, saying they denied the charge. My cc company informed me that my account is in excellent standing, and that with my credit limit there would be no reason they'd deny the charge. They insisted that I should have never been able to use the 10% off welcome offer with the GC promo, and therefore would never have had it reinstated. I know for a fact that this is a lie, because when I bought a Pashli from them in April I was easily able to use both codes. I would have received a gift card if I hadn't returned the bag, I have the email telling me so.

I'm thinking about emailing a reply, trying to decide if it's worth it. I do know that Neiman Marcus will never see any business from me again. If anyone is interested in seeing the email exchange I can post it.

Yes, I remember this. Their response makes me so angry! They seem to have very inconsistent customer service, and it's either very good or very, very bad. I'm disappointed in them and their response to your issue.

I just wanted to share because I kind of expected more from them. I'm not even sure they read the entire email because they offered to let me redeem a GC promo if I wanted to purchase the bag again, even though I explained I had already turned to another retailer. I just never expected this kind of experience from such a high end company.

Who did you write to? Did you cc anyone (management) at the store that you purchased through? Or was this strictly an online purchase? I'm sorry but I can't remember those details.

I just followed a link in an email they sent for me for comments and concerns, but the response was clearly signed by someone. I 'm sure that the in-store NM experience is great, but I've heard mixed things about online. The processing time alone is a bother. I'm just going to leave it now, but I won't be ordering from them again.

On the bright side, I don't have to pay tax on purchases from Barneys!

I completely understand. I had an issue ordering a City online. I was sent the wrong color, but it worked out in the end. However, my dust bag had holes in it. Spent over an hour on the phone with a rep who promised to order another dust bag for me. Fast forward a month later and no dust bag, when I called back I was informed NM didn't have any Balenciaga bags, but could spend me a generic one. No phone call or email to inform me. Thankfully the nice SA at NM in San Fran took pity on me and give me a new dust bag today and a $25 gift card for my trouble.