just want to rant... ebay...

jsg

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
Sorry, i just want to rant...
A few weeks ago I bidded on speedy miroir (gold) , seller is from Singapore... I bargained w the seller till she agreed for $1,400. most of the transactions were done through email... But I should have known, seller has no feedback... and she is hesitant to send the item although I told her she can google my name and she can see my family background,etc.
So finally we agreed that I pay more than half and when i receive the item thats when i'll pay the balance... it's been 3 weeks and she/he hasnt been answering my emails... Just today , my dad asked me if I bought an LV bag, and I said yes... he was laughing at me and said why would I buy such an old bag. apparently, seller sent me an LV mono, i dont know what design and if it's real or whatever.... and now I see the same pics sent to me are posted on ebay again...:sad: I dont even want to see the bag, for all i know, it's a fake....

Yeah honestly, not even a good idea. The Miroir line is really coveted and there are a lot of fakes and scammers out there just waiting to take people's money. If you had paid with paypal you probably could have tried to get your money back and filed an "Item significantly not as described" claim. But since you did your deal outside of ebay I don't know how much help you'll be able to get.
Sorry you had to find out the hard way about such scams. :sad:

Sorry, Ebay is really a pit these days. People are so getting ripped off constantly. I have been watching the Azur bags and there are so many fakes being sold it makes me sick. Some people paying almost a thousand $$ for fake Keepalls and others. Even if a person has some feed back for selling on Ebay, if they don't have long feedback for selling authentic LV then DON"T go there! Never barter outside of Ebay. Good luck with getting your money back from this person!:cursing:

Didn't you think that this was a scam? Who in their right mind would sell you a high price bag and only have you pay half? I am sorry this happened to you. We see so many horror stories about Ebay and yet people still continue to do it. I hope you are somehow able to get your money back.

I really dont know what got into me... When i think abbout it now, I just want to laugh at myself...

gilliana, you are right... who in their right mind would sell a miroir and let me pay half first, what if i didnt pay the balance??:cursing:
Oh well, i mean, ive read so much abt scammers here in TPF , i guess i was just so excited.

Not sure why anyone would agree to sell a bag and let you pay half and send the bag out... Hmmm That would put up red flags everywhere.

If you paid with paypal file a claim, if not.. *shrugs shoulders) lesson learned, you should buy outside ebay you have nothing to cover you.

If you paid with paypal. I would file the claim immediately and try to get your money back. I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope it turns out okay. Keep us updated!

I regret your current position and hope the matter is resolved in your favor. However, "if it sounds too good to be true..."

There's absolutely no way high-end bags can be sold on the cheap. Scammers target our desire to snag that "once in a lifetime purchase." A baseless hope that's virtually guaranteed to end in disaster.

Please notify ebay authorities of the new listing to spare another hapless victim the ordeal you're now experiencing.

Good Luck.

Totally agree with you...
Whoa! Not all sellers are dodgy.

IMHO this person set themselves up to be conned

To the original poster

Sorry, i just want to rant...
A few weeks ago I bidded on speedy miroir (gold) , seller is from Singapore... I bargained w the seller till she agreed for $1,400. This should have been your first clue something was up as these bags are going for a premium right now. Much less you dont put bags on ebay and bargin behind the scene, if things are on the up and up. You also dont bid on bags/items behind the scene if you want to be convered as the buyer.. most of the transactions were done through email... But I should have known, seller has no feedback... First mistake and most bidding on a bag like this know to run away from this seller, also here on the forum most would post a link to ask questions about the seller ot item. and she is hesitant to send the item although I told her she can google my name and she can see my family background,etc.What does googling your name prove ? sorry you lost me there...
So finally we agreed that I pay more than half and when i receive the item thats when i'll pay the balance...You didnt find this ODD??? it's been 3 weeks and she/he hasnt been answering my emails... Just today , my dad asked me if I bought an LV bag, and I said yes... he was laughing at me and said why would I buy such an old bag. apparently, seller sent me an LV mono, i dont know what design and if it's real or whatever.... and now I see the same pics sent to me are posted on ebay again...:sad: I dont even want to see the bag, for all i know, it's a fake...

Where i'm at with this right now is the title of the thread, you were the one that went behind the scene to get a so called bargin on a hihly sought after bag.. Hmmm I think you walking into the chance of being scammed. Seems like this whould have happened even without ebay.

If you paid with paypal file a claim and hope for the best.