Just to let you know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozlemshaw

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
Hi ladies,
I am not sure if this is the right place to post about it, but I recently returned a bag to a professional seller on Ebay, bag had an actual cut in the leather, wasn't visible in the pictures, but considerably large!I noticed the same seller put the same bag on Ebay, without mentioning the cut. She had previously given me a refund, and apologized as well....

Last edited:
ozlem, I am the seller you purchased from and you kindly left me neutral feedback for this transaction, even though I refunded you within 10 minutes of receiving the bag back and I refunded your return postage and packing in full.

There was an extremely minor nick in the base, which was only visible if the leather on the base was pulled apart. I did not notice it, had I done so, I would have mentioned it in the listing. It was not 'considerably large', it was smaller than my little finger nail in length and had no depth. It was rectified with a small amount of polish and there was, therefore, no need to mention it in the new listing.

Whilst I am not going to get into a slanging match with you about this point, as I endeavour to be thoroughly professional at all times, even with the most difficult of buyers, you have also reneged on purchasing another bag previously with me too, and you were prepared to keep this bag if I accepted £60 for it.

I thought carefully about posting this message, but I am not going to allow you to incorrectly state and exaggerate facts.

On the neutral feedback, you're welcome. I left this because I was very pleased with the quick refund, and did not want to adversely affect your seller's rating by rating the transaction negative. You were fast to reply, respond and address the issue.

I hadn't mentioned your ebay name here (because I didn't want a slanging match), because the purpose of my message was just to let the ladies know that "professional sellers" aren't always as good as we believe them to be; the cut in the bag should have been seen because it was 9mm long and 2mm deep. When I look at the relisted item, I can still see the cut (I know where to look now), so if you have repaired the item after the photo was taken, I can re-edit my comment if you wish.

I did back away from a transaction in accordance with your own Terms and Conditions, that's true but I'm certainly not a difficult buyer - demanding perhaps? As I think most of the ladies on TPF are, and rightly so: this is an expensive habit and ebay is a bit of a mixed bag at times, with lots of fakes (I know you don't deal in fakes), bad adverts, sellers not being as descriptive/observant as we would want. Caveat emptor etc etc etc.

Regards

Özlem

I feel that I have to comment on this...just to let you know my experience with this seller;
I find Jazzy to be extremely accurate in her descriptions, and I've bought quite a few things from her in the past - and will most certainly continue to do so in the future.
Also, she is friendly, professional and very fast to reply - I am always very pleased when dealing with her.....just to let you know, that is :smile:
Kris

I understand that this seller has a good reputation, and that many buyers have had positive experiences with her, but at the same time I feel that especially the professional sellers need to be extra careful in identifying anything that is wrong with an item. I just think that we all need to be aware of all kinds of sellers on Ebay, and it only takes one 'not so positive' experience with a seller to create a dent in my experience with Ebay. This is a lesson learned for me as well. Like I said, I didn't have a problem with how she dealt with the issue, but the whole thing was not a positive experience for me.

For what it's worth, I think that you've made your point & aired your concerns / grievance - if you wish to comment on this further, perhaps you ought to do so via PM, as this is really between you & Jazzy.

I feel that I have to comment on this...just to let you know my experience with this seller;
I find Jazzy to be extremely accurate in her descriptions, and I've bought quite a few things from her in the past - and will most certainly continue to do so in the future.
Also, she is friendly, professional and very fast to reply - I am always very pleased when dealing with her.....just to let you know, that is :smile:
Kris

For what it's worth, I think that you've made your point & aired your concerns / grievance - if you wish to comment on this further, perhaps you ought to do so via PM, as this is really between you & Jazzy.

I understand your concerns Ozlemshaw and Ebay can be a mixed bag. Sometimes honest sellers may miss something and if you are not happy with a product due to that you are with in your Ebay rights to ask for a refund.

I think Jazzy was very professional on this matter on what appeared to be a genuine oversight and did exactly what was expected of a genuine honest seller. I think you are very lucky to have dealt with someone like her as there are many sellers out there who would not have bothered.

Maybe as LF has said, this should now not be continued on here as I feel it leaves a bad taste in mine and probably others mouths. I don't really see that it needed to be on here in the first place as it was all resolved amicably anyway....:shrugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.