Just to get it off my chest- what to do?

roxyaloha5454

Jul 3, 2009
I just bought my 1st LV from the boutique (azur speedy 30) last weekend. I LOVE IT, only thing is that there is a tiny tiny black mark on the handles that i noticed a day after getting the bag. I don't remember seeing it when i was in the boutique, so i'm thinking I may have done it myself, but i just took the bag out of the duster for like 10 mins and never even used it. Should i bother to take the bag back to exchange it (I know the sa's will prob think i'm crazy), or do you think the black dot will be less visible when the leather darkens?

I think they won't take it back. And things like this will happen and blend in as the leather gets dark. I know I was superpicky with my first LV and I'm afraid the more picky you are the more things happen...

I don't think they'll take it back because there's no way to prove when or how the mark happened, KWIM? Anyway, it will blend in when it gets patina - and it definitely won't be the first mark you get, sad to say. Just enjoy your bag.

i understand you, but that tiny mark is just a part of the process - no bag will be brand new for forever. And since you dont even know how it got there.... or when...well, just enjoy your beautiful bag, one little mark is not something to worry about.

Keep it. if it's a small spot it's not worth the trouble if you happen to get a sucky SA. plus the azur speedys hv been hard to find so it's possible they might not hv another.

Have you tried using a white pencil eraser to (gently) rub over the black spot? My SA did this last time I brought back an almost new bag with a mark, and it looked a lot better afterwards.

It's ok.... we are all a little crazy when it comes to out "perfect LV bag"....

Once, in the middle of conversation with my hubby I gasped... he was like "what??? where????" I just noticed a very very small "dent" (I don't know how to explain this little speck) on the braid of my Artsy. He was like "you are crazy..."

Welcome to the club!:wacko::weird:

I would carefully try to remove it as the others said. When I got my Tivoli, it had tiny black spots on the handle. It may have been leftover glue because it came off when I scraped it with my fingernail.