Just started using Obagi-C RX skincare line

mpark46

O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
I've used their sunscreen and love it, and my dermatologist recommended their skincare line when I asked about changing my skincare regime.

I'm excited to try it. I am too scared to try the Nu-Derm since it sounds so strong.

Has anyone used the C-RX system before? Did you see results?

How do you like Nu-Derm? I hear its a lot harsher than the C-RX. I don't have acne, just kind of dull skin. Not too sun damaged either. I'm asian, and I have some freckles that I've had since I was a kid.

How do you like Nu-Derm? I hear its a lot harsher than the C-RX. I don't have acne, just kind of dull skin. Not too sun damaged either. I'm asian, and I have some freckles that I've had since I was a kid.

I love the nu-derm kit, really, the cleanser and toner is really nice and the clear #3 does help to remove the marks left behind by acne/pimples. It does do wonders since I wanted something more than just Retin A. It does even out my skintone and make those marks fade away much faster.

I'm Asian and 33yrs old, I was thinking to "set the right foundation" and then move away from Clear #3 and Retin A, I will still continue with the cleanser, toner and sunblock. So am looking at vit C for boosting collagen growth. :biggrin:

Ohh I am also looking at cellcosmet products too. :P

i've used obagi once, it was the "nu-derm exfoderm skin smoothing lotion" from my dermatologist

i found it too harsh on my skin, turned my cheeks red and in started getting a rash, maybe because the Nu-derm line in stronger? this is the only obagi product ive used though, so i cant really give a comparison. sorry not much help :Push:

I used the NuDerm line for 16 weeks and it has definately improved the appearance of my skin. I no longer have large pores and the sun spots from tanning have disappeared. It was harsh for a while...lots of reddening and peeling (forever!), but it really hasn't improved the one thing I wanted to get rid of most...blackheads! I have oily skin and they have been a life long problem. Bbut Obagi does work, and I will continue using the cleanser and toner because it is the best stuff out of the zillions of products I have used!

I used the NuDerm line for 16 weeks and it has definately improved the appearance of my skin. I no longer have large pores and the sun spots from tanning have disappeared. It was harsh for a while...lots of reddening and peeling (forever!), but it really hasn't improved the one thing I wanted to get rid of most...blackheads! I have oily skin and they have been a life long problem. Bbut Obagi does work, and I will continue using the cleanser and toner because it is the best stuff out of the zillions of products I have used!
ITA, I love the cleanser, toner and the sunblock :yes:

Ok so an update. It's been almost 3 weeks that I've been using the Obagi-C RX system.

The first week and a half were a little rough. Some redness, and peeling (but not as much as I had expected). I don't have acne, so it was weird that I got some minor pimples here and there during the first 2 weeks. I guess it in line with the "it gets worse before it gets better" mantra.

Now that I'm well into my 3rd+ week all the redness is gone, no more pimples, and honestly my skin glows! I feel totally confident pulling all my hair back off my face and wearing sheer/nude makeup to just highlight my skin!

I probably don't need to use foundation, but I love my foundation, and it just works really well with the Obagi System. I use Armani Silk Luminous foundation.

I'm almost tempted to move toward the Obagi Nu-derm afterwards after the C-RX is gone to see if I can get even better effects.

I can see some of my freckles starting to fade, but I imagine that will tak a bit longer.

I'm going to talk to my dermatologist.

I have only been using the C RX for a week. My skin is getting dry BUT i just put moisturizer on and it is ok. So far so good. I haven't noticed too much fading of anything, but it has BARELY been a week. It better work for how much I paid. It was between Obagi and Skin Medica 10. I heard you need a C during the day and Retinoid at night. the C rx doesn't have a retinoid (I think) but the lady said it was ok because it has hyroquionon(sp).
So, everyone keep posting so we can see and hear true results. I keep meaning to take a picture now so I can take another in a couple of weeks and see if it works.

A co-worker of mine asked me if I knew anything about this line, since I used the Nu-Derm system last year. I don't, so I thought I would ask you ladies on her behalf.

Anyone use it?