Just some lv story

Mcandy

Jul 24, 2013
I was walking alongside my Dh in vaughan mills outlet while carrying my really battered looking bosphore crossbody bag. We saw lots of Lvs. I saw one with a really old bag. Hers had even darker patina than mine and another one wearing an old Nf which cinch was completely cut offed. I told my dh " see those people. One was wearing a bag dirtier than mine and that one is still using her nf even if the cinch strap is broken. If that was some cheaper bag they would have set it aside. But because its Lv...they can still wear it with pride. That nf is still worth some money with all that damage" my Dh agreed with me. Lol...

I believe it. I've seen some LV's out there with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, yet they still are used or trying to be sold for a few hundred...if it was a lesser brand then it no doubt would have been tossed a long time ago.

I can see why some people would find it hard to part with a 1,000+ dollar bag. What gets me is when I see a starting bid for an LV for like 200.00 dollars and the bag looks like someone left it out on the track at the Indy 500.

Some person will buy a dirty damaged LV but what good is it really? It doesn't enhance an outfit. I've seen some filthy NF's and they look like crap. When I see someone with a wreck of an LV I wonder what their house looks like. I don't think. Oh a Louis Vuitton! Sometimes it really is time to set that bag aside.

Reactions: nikycover
Is it still luxury if it looks like it's been run over by a train? I don't think so. Bags do need to be retired at some point.

I once saw a lady with a Gucci bag that had several holes at the bottom. It did not make me think "Oh look. A Gucci brand lover...". It made me think "That poor bag..."

Im thinking of having my bag repaired at Lv..maybe change the linings...the leather just patina too dark but otherwise it is still in wearable condition. My Dh doesn't like though. He think the price for repairing would be more than the price of the bag bought 8 yrs ago...he has a point but I really love my bag

Im thinking of having my bag repaired at Lv..maybe change the linings...the leather just patina too dark but otherwise it is still in wearable condition. My Dh doesn't like though. He think the price for repairing would be more than the price of the bag bought 8 yrs ago...he has a point but I really love my bag

The bosphore doesn't have a lot of leather. I wouldn't try to clean it myself rather than changing the leather. You can also try cleaning the lining yourself. Is it damaged or just a little dirty?

Your husband is right. Christmas is coming. Make your Santa request known.

The bosphore doesn't have a lot of leather. I wouldn't try to clean it myself rather than changing the leather. You can also try cleaning the lining yourself. Is it damaged or just a little dirty?

Well one side of the bag edge had a scrape you can see the inside. Otherwise the canvas looks perfect.

I love bags with dark patina!!! It doesn't make them dirty, unless of course they are dirty bags but I see dirty bags with light patina.

I saw a lady in Canadian Tire once with a Mono Noe that had the most beautiful dark patina I had every seen, she told me she had it for over 25 years! My oldest Noe is only 5 years old but her "old" Noe was 100x better looking than mine because it was older and had a nicer patina IMO

I wouldn't carry a dirty or damaged bag no matter what the brand was, but an old bag with dark patina - I can't wait!!!