Just sent my wallet back to LV.........What do you think they will do?

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
So I was bought a mono pochette wallet for Christmas which at the time I thought was a funny colour, the lv's are a mustard colour. Anyway I just got a new speedy which is the same as all the other LV's I have had and much paler. The purse looks silly when used with the bag as it looks as though they are fake as there is such an obvious difference. So, I rang LV customer services and they told me to send them the purse which I did this morning along with the receipt and a nice note. Do you think they will swap it for a paler one in the original canvas?TIA

I have read about variations in color (mustard/caramel/greenish.. etc) My Neverfull is slightly 'greenish' compared to all my other pieces... but when I read that there are many variations I didn't do anything about it... it will be interesting to see what they do for you. Keep us posted. Good luck!

This is really good to know as I was not aware that there were color variations at all. I will keep this in mind the next time I am shopping for a bag. I'm not sure what they will do if the color is just off a little...If there are known variations, then they probably will consider it to be within a normal range and say nothing's wrong with it. If it's truly off in color, they will probably send you another one. Unfortunately, the only way for us to help since it's based on color - would have been to have pictures.

I didn't take any, it is just a much darker brown and the pattern is mustard coloured, it looks 'off' next to the speedy and I know my speedy is right as it's exactly the same as all the other LV items I have had. I did ask the lady at customer services if it was normal and she said she had not heard of it and to send it back. I bet I won't get another one, would be nice if I did though! I just think it's ridiulous that their quality control is such that their items are totally different colours, it makes them look like fakes!

i had noticed this too... especially with the stuff that i got for christmas, mainly in the "made in france" pieces i got, the monograms look more "vivid" than the ones from the "made in USA" pieces i got. i too got a pochette wallet for xmas and yeah, the monogram is darker, it was from france compared to the neverfull which was from here in the US. hope that helps..