Just say "NO" :)

That's funny..

Charles, was she entitled? Interesting.
I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or joking.

Somewhat sarcastic. It seems when moms or grandmas ask me to buy something from them they get all bent out of shape when I say "no". "But it's for the kids! Why are you hurting all the little kids?" as if I'm some sort of heartless monster. Their reaction to my "No" reminded me of the movie thread a bit. :smile:

I say no to Facebook & twitter.

I say no to cake balls/pops.

I just say no to purse parties, jewelry parties or anything disguised as a party but then the sales pitch comes in. No thank you!!

ITA! I have a personal policy that I always say no to these parties, and my coworkers are having a different one each week.

No to cake. Oddly enough, I can't even say I've tried it. I decided when I was a kid I didn't like it and now I stick to my guns, because I find out I like it, I have too cakes to make up for.

I say no to whipped cream on my latte.

I say no to french fries at lunch (that way, I can say 'yes' to dessert).

I say no to people thinking it's okay to changing the words in a book because they don't want their kids exposed to that. If you don't like the language in Hucklberry Finn, pick another book to use in schools. Don't change Mr. Twain's . . . Mr. Clemens' (?) words.