Scarves Just say 'no' to Brides de Gala - what reissues do we really want?

Feb 26, 2007
I detect a head of steam developing against the continuous reissue of the classic Brides de Gala scarf.
This season ( Spring-Summer 2017) this design has occurred 3 times in flueri, tattoo and 'love' forms and we can see already from the Press Day pictures that it will reappear in a quadri tattoo form for Autumn-Winter 2017.

With apologies to all those who love the design ( I quite liked it myself a few years back in a lozenge format) can we just take the temperature for what devoted scarfies would really like re-issued?

Obviously I'd love to see Les Tambours return ( from the late 80s) and the 1992 Annie Faivre 'Grand Fonds' design.
Many, many people have expressed great affection for Tohu Bohu.

So, ladies and gentlemen, what would you be excited to see again?

I suppose like Ex Libris, Brides de Gala is one of those very recognisable symbols/icons of Hermes. Variations of these make great gifts to people who we don't know too well. I also think it's a good challenge for artists to do something different with something so traditional so I'm not totally against.

I don't own a single BdG but I do enjoy seeing others' Flueri and Finesse (if anyone remembers or indeed has one of those beauties). I have 2 Ex Libris en Cam in different cws which I absolutley love and I know Ex Libris en Kimono is a huge hit so sometimes the variations are a hit with us too.

I was very happy H had another season of Coeur de la Vie and Paddock etc and love my new reissues but H reissuing designs is not a guarantee of total satisfaction. For instance, I wanted them to bring back DR's Cheval Surprise so badly but couldn't find a single cw that worked for me in the reissue :sad:

I wish Hermes would reissue:
La Femme (aux Semmelle du Vent)
Concerto
La Danse
Ballet Russes
Musique des Spheres

My reissue wish list would include:
Tohu Bohu
ELenK
LFaSDV
Turandot
Ballade de Heian
Soie Libre
More jacquard like from the early 90s. FP and Jungle Love tattoo are okay but why not full color designs like Daimyo, Feux d'Artifice, Neige d'Antan or Joies d'Hiver? I know they are hard to make but I'd pay more for it. I think others would agree.

Oh papertiger! When I was young and foolish and didn't understand how Hermes worked with seasons and limited production runs I made my first trip ever into an Hermes store ( Bond Street in London) seeking Concerto - they had such a beautiful advert for it in Vogue but had run out by the time I turned up. Wow - that should make me feel old but I am still all fired up with enthusiasm for that design!

And Sickgirl13 - I'd love Daimyo to be reissued too - it was my second scarf multi-coloured and faconnee so just a tad more delicate than the regular silk twill. I have it framed above my fireplace and I still admire it every day :smile: I also would definitely pay more to have full colour and faconne together.

My re-issue wishlist is
La Femme aux Semmelle du Vent
Tohu Bohu
Belles du Mexique
A cheval sur mon carré
Pegasus

It would be great if these will be released in CSGM or Silk 140 cm format with original design ( no dot, heart, etc)..Just keep dreaming..

There are several Pegasus. Do you mean Pegase d'Hermes? That may be coming out in a larger format for AW17, so you may be lucky. CSMC was fairly recently reissued so that would be a long shot but on the pre-loved market the 90s and the CSGMs are not the ridiculous prices they once were (pre-reissue).

Oh papertiger! When I was young and foolish and didn't understand how Hermes worked with seasons and limited production runs I made my first trip ever into an Hermes store ( Bond Street in London) seeking Concerto - they had such a beautiful advert for it in Vogue but had run out by the time I turned up. Wow - that should make me feel old but I am still all fired up with enthusiasm for that design!

And Sickgirl13 - I'd love Daimyo to be reissued too - it was my second scarf multi-coloured and faconnee so just a tad more delicate than the regular silk twill. I have it framed above my fireplace and I still admire it every day :smile: I also would definitely pay more to have full colour and faconne together.

:ghi5:

There are several Pegasus. Do you mean Pegase d'Hermes? That may be coming out in a larger format for AW17, so you may be lucky. CSMC was fairly recently reissued so that would be a long shot but on the pre-loved market the 90s and the CSGMs are not the ridiculous prices they once were (pre-reissue).

Papertiger... Thank you for correcting me. That's a great news that Pegase d'Hermes will be re-released as CSGM for this coming A/W. I hope it will come in a few selection of neutral colourways. Fingers crossed. For CSMC, I have missed CSMC in CSGM format with black/white or pink/beige colour which were released a couple of years ago. I have tried to look on pre-loved market with one withgood condition and acceptable price but no luck for me yet. So I hope that sometimes in the future Hermes will release this design...

But like other members here, also hope that Hermes will release Tohu Bohu soon as I am also a bit tired of BdG format.

Papertiger... Thank you for correcting me. That's a great news that Pegase d'Hermes will be re-released as CSGM for this coming A/W. I hope it will come in a few selection of neutral colourways. Fingers crossed. For CSMC, I have missed CSMC in CSGM format with black/white or pink/beige colour which were released a couple of years ago. I have tried to look on pre-loved market with one withgood condition and acceptable price but no luck for me yet. So I hope that sometimes in the future Hermes will release this design...

But like other members here, also hope that Hermes will release Tohu Bohu soon as I am also a bit tired of BdG format.
I think Pegase d'Hermes is likely coming in a 140 silk twill and not a CSGM. I'd love for it to be coming in a CSGM or mousseline! :heart:

Not at all, Pegasus is one of my favourite H characters (after all he is the steed Hermes rides between this world and the next and back again). It was love at first sight for me and Pegase d'Hermes (I have 3 cws) as I love horses and can't resist winged/mythological creatures, so winged horses are a must-have. Peg d'H is so elegant too. It's not quite certain yet but the large format may be a large silk rather than a CSGM, personally I'm still fine with that, it'll make a wonderful evening piece.

The more neutral CSMC GMs are fabulous (I bought a 90 in mostly blues) but :yes: the neutrals of that design do command the higher prices. Don't give up though, everything has it's time ;)

Can we say no to Chasse en Inde too? Enough already.

I think it's a problem that the minute we (tPF) talk about designs we all love and long-for provokes the buy-all, stockpile-all, sell-later brigade that have no intention of wearing anything ever, they just strip the supply to stoke-up demand and double their money. Personally, I never, ever pay for anything more than retail (price it was, not it is). I don't mind people getting their money back on a mistake but I'd rather go scarf-less than encourage such practices.

------------

And on that last note it's interesting no one has mentioned C'est Le Fete (I know a variation came out as a men's GM only last season). H really missed a trick not to issue it as a GM in it's full glory (rather than outlines only, still a fabulous piece).