Just Received New Goyard Travel Case. Misalignment?

jondoe89

Sep 4, 2006
Hi friends. Hope everyone is well. I just received my Goyard Watch Box, which I waited a couple months for since they are not readily stocked in stores, especially in the grey colorway. The box is great, but I noticed that the print on the top cover is slightly misaligned. When looking at the box from a birdseye view, the left side looks ok, but on the right side, it seems the print is slightly misaligned. What I mean is that if you look at the third photo, there's more space from the right edge of the case to the first vertical part of the print than there is on the bottom of the case. I'm not sure if this is expected on handmade pieces or if this is something I shouldn't settle for. I'm hesitant to think too deeply about it since it's going to be several months before receiving another one and I imagine it will also have some slight imperfection. I'm curious what you all think! Thanks.

k6YMZbS.jpg

7YPyDI4.jpg

LzKcUfG.jpg

1p0OzID.png

EoiyAJo.png

I wonder how the box has passed the quality control, if there's even one.
Frankly speaking, I will not accept the box because it costs quite a lot of money.
When you see the box and see the imperfection every day, you won't be happy.
Have you talked with your SA about this issue? I wonder what they will say.

My husband is also interested in the box and he wants to have the sky blue colour, with brown leather inside.
The store said they don't have this combination, still waiting from the store's reply if they can accept this special order.

Thanks, everyone. I reached out to my SA with the same photos posted here, along with additional photos of a box a friend has that doesn't have the issue. SA said she forwarded them to the leather workshop to see what they say. It doesn't sound like they think this is an issue, but I'll wait to hear back.

Unfortunately, I had to pay by wire transfer because of not being a local client (new policy for purchases above a certain amount), so I'm not sure what other recourse I have if I'm not happy with this particular box. This is through the Dallas Goyard store, so if anyone has any connections there that could help my case out, that would be appreciated.

Thanks, everyone. I reached out to my SA with the same photos posted here, along with additional photos of a box a friend has that doesn't have the issue. SA said she forwarded them to the leather workshop to see what they say. It doesn't sound like they think this is an issue, but I'll wait to hear back.

Unfortunately, I had to pay by wire transfer because of not being a local client (new policy for purchases above a certain amount), so I'm not sure what other recourse I have if I'm not happy with this particular box. This is through the Dallas Goyard store, so if anyone has any connections there that could help my case out, that would be appreciated.

Thanks for your update. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I took the box to my local boutique today (not where I bought it from, due to availability). They were friendly about it and were eager to assist me. Two SA’s there noticed the issue and we compared it to another box they had which was flawless.

Because it was a distance sale which are also final sale, the only thing they could do was document the issue and send a message to the boutique I bought it from. Fingers crossed I’m able to simply request a new box (I don’t mind waiting for it).

It really seems like the “final sale” clause is the real sticking point here. I understand it, that shouldn’t apply to a product that has obvious imperfections.

Fingers crossed that they will replace it with a flawless box.
Are there any small prints saying that you can withdraw from the sales if the delivered item is not in proper quality?
It won't be fair if the final sale clause is only benefiting the seller.

Thanks! Also, do y'all think my photos and annotations above show the issue clearly? It's not immediately obvious from the photos, but it is in person. I think some of us notice these things more than others. Any other ideas on how to show the issue clearly with photos since the boutique is a few states away?

I'm not sure if this is any clearer or just more confusing.

IMG_2461.jpeg

Last edited:
Both my husband and I have noticed the issue immediately from the very first photo on your #1 post without even reading any written words. If someone says he/she cannot see the issue, then he/she must be blind.
If I were you, I will send all the photos you have posted to the boutique.
Fingers crossed!