Just received new chanel, lots of pics, very skeptical...please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycgirl24

Oct 27, 2006
Hi all,

For the first time, I have purchased a Chanel bag off of Ebay. The seller has 100% positive feedback and seems to sell many other designer items as well as Chanel purses in the past. However, the vintage mini flap I have received today seems a little off to me, but I can't figure out if it is because I am not familiar with vintage Chanel bags or if it is fake...

I'm hoping for the best, and I am posting enough pictures of the purse for you experts to help me figure this one out. The authentication card matches the sticker inside the purse, although the sticker is not a hologram sticker. The box looks legit with a matching bar code number that corresponds to the authentication card. There are included pics of the dustbag as well.

I am skeptical of this bag for quite a few reasons...first of all, the font of the "CHANEL PARIS" plate with the two screws look different from the one on my Chanel jumbo flap. Also, the letter "L" on the Chanel printed logo inside the bag seems off as well...the "L" appears to be longer than it should be...call me crazy, but it stood out immediately to me.

Also, on the CC logo on the front of the bag, there are tiny inscriptions on the top left corner...is this the norm for vintage Chanel bags? I've personally never seen inscriptions on the CC logo of non-vintage Chanel bags.

I have posted pics of everything that I think is sufficient to tell whether or not the bag is authentic or not...Before purchasing the bag, I had it authenticated and was told that this purse is probably from 1989-1990/ish. Please help, as I really hope I did not purchase a fake bag from a trusted seller...TIA!

Attachments

• Picture 14.png
    Picture 14.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 112
More pictures...

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    151 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 105
And more...

you can see what the tag on the box says, the dustbag, the authentication card. the print on the authentication sticker in the bag is too faint to show up in the pictures. Thanks again!!

Attachments

• Picture 19.png
    Picture 19.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 21.png
    Picture 21.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 22.png
    Picture 22.png
    161 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 23.png
    Picture 23.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 24.png
    Picture 24.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 97
Can't see the pics.

No worries about the inscription on the CC logo ---it's normal for vintage/older Chanels, means it was gold plated.

Congrats on your new bag! LOVE vintage. The quality was so much better than it is now.

I can see the pics, no problem! In my vintage bags there are also the tiny markings and as queenofchic said, it means the letters are gold plated. But let´s see what the authenticators can say!

thanks so much!!! i'm starting to feel better about it already, lol...I guess I'm just super nervous because this vintage chanel seems so much different from my other (non-vintage) chanels..and I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section, but hopefully i did!

Technically, your post should go in the authentication thread. I remember this eBay auction. The bag pictured in the auction and pictured here in your post is authentic.

Technically, your post should go in the authentication thread. I remember this eBay auction. The bag pictured in the auction and pictured here in your post is authentic.

Smoothoprter, thanks so much. You have great memory...I don't mean to sound paranoid but I am a newbie to ebay and some details of this bag really threw me off. Again, thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.