Just received my first birkin...

I feel the same way as shopmom. The Kelly I tried was too stiff - I just prefer more supple leathers. Also, maybe I just don't want to pay the premium for this leather.

But, OOOOh, Noisette is one of my favorite H shades! Gor-geeee!

Congrats! It's beautiful - I have a bolide in VL and it is quite rigid, which isn't a bad thing -- esp. in a birkin...something too slouchy would slump over and you might not like it -- it seems very durable! Enjoy the bag!

I have seen and tried on this leather in a 40cm Birkin. I love the grain of the leather and it's rigidity as I prefer leathers that have more structure. By comparison, I find it less stiff than Epsom.

It is also lighter as it didn't weigh as much as I thought it would on a 40cm.

My only gripe is, like Epsom, I don't like how certain colours look on this leather. For example, I personally prefer Gold on Togo than this leather.
If you like how the colour looks on your Birkin (like I do!) and prefer them rigid, thus still holding its shape in the long term, than this is your perfect bag!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I have questions on the 35cm noisette vache liegee (with gold hardware) that I just bought. It is my very first birkin and I love the color very much, but I am not sure about if it is the leather that I want. I found very detailed information from the Hermes(groupie)'s leather book:

VACHE LIEGEE:

An adult cowhide, this is a natural grained leather. It has been stated on this forum that the leather is stretched in 8 different directions. Apparently this process gives the leather its rigidity, which is why its touted as being as durable as box. The two-tone effect is a result of a 2 dye process. The grain makes this leather scratch resistant, but care must be taken in avoiding deep scratches. The 2 tone effect will be difficult to regain with deep scratches.

Does anyone have any comments/feedback on this leather?:confused1:

I think you have a very beautiful first birkin :yahoo: :yahoo:
Liegee is hardy and will keep its shape well. This bag will last u for the next 30 yrs :P