Just received my first Bal bag! But need help!

la6

O.G.
Sep 4, 2008
I just received my first Bal... a lovely Tempete GSH City that arrived all the way from London!! :biggrin: I am very happy, and it is everything I wanted... but there is one problem. There is a security tag attached to the bag. I am embarrassed to bring it to a store because I don't want them to think it is a stolen bag. I don't have a Balenciaga store nearby or anything similar even. I don't even have the invoice for the bag yet because I think they might be mailing it separately... what should I do? :confused1: (Pics soon...)

Omg, you should call Bal London asap - that's completely unacceptable. Other than taht, I hope someone has some advice.

That said, I'm so glad you're loving it!

DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

Thank you, Livia1!! I hope there is some way I can get it off... I already tried but got too scared because if theres ink in it I dont want to ruin my bag. And shipping would be way too much to send it back overseas...

It beautiful and we are bag twins:ghi5: I love the Tempete/GSH combo! Congrats! But the security tag still on, that's unacceptable. I have no other advice but to call the store yu bought it from and ask them what to do...

This happened to me as well, but it was from the Bal LA store. (So i ended up driving there on a weekend to have them remove it) I wonder what they would advise you to do? If they ask you to ship it back, they should def. foot the bill both ways.

Keep up updated~!

Gorgeous Tempete btw!

It's gorgeous, congrats!
About the security tag, maybe a screwdriver should do the work?
I once bought a cloth that the sales lady forgot to remove the tag,
I called and she said I should be able to remove the tag with a screwdriver and hammer.
But I didn't do it myself, the store is near my house so I just went back and got it removed.
Sorry, not very helpful here. :Push: You should call Bal London right away!

What a drag. You should contact the seller and find out if this type of security tag is fairly universal, i.e. several retail locations might have the ability to remove it for you. You should get a receipt from them as well. Perhaps they could contact a retail location in your area and authorize the removal of the tag. There has got to be a better solution than sending it all the way back to London to have the tag removed.

Good luck....gorgeous bag - will look even better once the security tag is removed. :biggrin:

What a drag. You should contact the seller and find out if this type of security tag is fairly universal, i.e. several retail locations might have the ability to remove it for you. You should get a receipt from them as well. Perhaps they could contact a retail location in your area and authorize the removal of the tag. There has got to be a better solution than sending it all the way back to London to have the tag removed.

This is excactly what I was thinking. It might work.

Thank you purses & pugs, oogiewoogie, chaoyichien, & northerndancer! I will send Anna an email then and see what she says. There has to be some way I can have it removed at a shop nearby or myself... I don't want to part with my new bag and I want to carry it right away! :love:

sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a bal boutique in ur city? how about getting anna to send or fax u an official letter as a proof that you had bought it from the london boutique & request for her to contact them to assist u? if i were u i won't dare to do it myself!

for such an awful experience i feel that bal london should do everything they can to help u.

gorgeous bag by the way! :smile: