just received chocolate brown leather cabas

that sounds disappointing too to receive such condition of the bag and the seller shldn't have pack it that way.

Btw, the bag is beautiful....hopefully you can get the seller to refund you if item is not satisfied.

i hate to say this but i have never heard of or seen a brown leather Cabas bag, and she has 23 negative feedbacks. That's alot, even for almost 4,000 feedbacks....is this bag real? Contact her for sure!!!

i hate to say this but i have never heard of or seen a brown leather Cabas bag, and she has 23 negative feedbacks. That's alot, even for almost 4,000 feedbacks....is this bag real? Contact her for sure!!!

The bag is, in fact, authentic. The original cabas did come in brown (Sienna Miller was seen a lot with it. I think Rachel Bilson too?) but it was called "Dark Grey" if I remember correctly. It's just really unfortunate that the seller claimed it was new and then sent a used bag. I hope you get it sorted, Lovey!

yeah, it was called dark gery althought it lookes brown.
i love that bag and i would also have mixed feelings if i'm in the situation.
i would HATE if i have to return it because it was quite a good price actually and i also feel deceived with the seller.

Update:

I decided the bag was in too poor of a condition to pay even $1899 for. I just kept finding little white spots on the bottom, on the seams, etc. Was it paint? Very very annoying.

After several back and forth messages with the seller in which he/she tried to justify taking off the plastic from the charm, etc. I asked for a full refund. He/she agreed but gave me this weird ultimatum about going on vacation and I had to have it back by Tuesday. I sent if off. We'll see how it goes from here.

Apparently the seller "already has more buyers lined up for the bag." If this is you, ladies, I wouldn't fall into this trap! When you pay for a bag on ebay, demand quality and congruency between sellers descriptions and the actual product you receive. This is a slippery slope, and at nearly 2 grand, a concession we can't afford (or shouldn't afford) to make: allowing sellers to profit on merchandise that is used to the point of being (in my opinion) trashed, just because (new, and in good condition) it is rare and highly desirable.

I'll let you know what happens from here...

I'm glad that she's refunding you. If she already has so many buyers lined up, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's such a beautiful bag. I would have bought it if I hadn't been on a purse ban and would have had no idea what to do since it's such a gorgeous bag but obviously wasn't as described. It would have broken my heart to send it back but you're right, $2,000 is alot to spend for something that obviously isn't what you thought you were getting. Let us know if the refund goes smoothly. Hopefully you can find one in great condition soon!

It seems like the seller took the picture of the bag brand new, used it and now tried to pass it off as new.

I would ask for a full refund and return it ASAP.

There is no logical reason for the plastic coming off except that she used it.

I totally agree with this. I can't believe a seller with that much feedback would ship a Chanel bag like that. Yuk! BUT, they could have done that purposely to blame any wear on the packaging and hope an apology would suffice.

If I were the OP, I would be unhappy as well. There is NO reason why the plastic shouldn't be covering the charm. I bet those pics were taken brand new because they sure weren't taken just before they listed. Makes no sense, that plastic doen't come off easily. You know what I have learned, a great way to tell if a Chanel bag has been used is by looking at the hologram. It should look new and crisp. When a bag is used the hologram gets crinkled and collects lint being a sticker.