Just received a threatening email from LV fake seller I left feedback for feedback on

Aug 27, 2006
Okay I really need a lot of feedback on this situation. I have received a threatening email from the seller of a fake Louis Vuitton that I bought and returned on eBay email states I am going to lose everything that is near and dear to me, I am not going to lie and say I'm not concerned I am concerned this person has my personal information address phone numbers etc. there is a name on the email and it is a Russian name as the person who sold the fake LV was a Russian also. I am not at home at the moment so I can't compare the names and I don't know if it is from the same person however the subject line had the name of the item that I purchased and returned. EBay had me return the LV the fake LV that is and it was never picked up by the seller so the post office just returned it to me last week I am in possession of the fake bag. So I do have a mailing address I just don't know where to start I don't know if wish I should call eBay if I should call the police or what I should do this is a new situation to me and I am very uncertain of how to handle it. Add in the fact that this is Christmas I am extremely busy and now it appears I'm being cyber stalked and threatened. I hope this post is understandable as I am writing it on my iPhone in the dark as the snow is falling around me. If you were in my shoes what would you do at this point. I am feeling a bit sick to my stomach about this whole thing just another reason never to go back onto eBay. Thoughts please?

I would tell them to kindly go f themselves and stop contacting you. If they wanted their fake bag back so badly they should have picked it up when you sent it back.
If they want the bag back they should be sending you the money to mail it back since it's their fault no one picked it up...Don't let them bully you by threatening. They have no recourse at all especially since the bag is fake.

DO NOT DELETE THE MESSAGE!

You may need IP information at some point.

Hopefully, the message was sent through ebay messaging.

1. click the "report this message" link.
2. Call ebay and have it documented on your account that the seller is threatening you.
3. Call your local p.d. and ask how to report internet threats. I doubt they'll do anything but you may be able to get them to document it.

DO NOT DELETE THE MESSAGE!

You may need IP information at some point.

Hopefully, the message was sent through ebay messaging.

1. click the "report this message" link.
2. Call ebay and have it documented on your account that the seller is threatening you.
3. Call your local p.d. and ask how to report internet threats. I doubt they'll do anything but you may be able to get them to document it.

No, wasn't sent thru Ebay, sent to my personal email account. I just got home and looked them up on white pages. They have a number listed so I called it. I do not take threats lightly so I had plenty I was going to say. Well...a message came on and said the number listed does not take incoming calls...Lovely, was I calling a prison or something??? What lines don't take incoming calls??? Not happy at all about this!

I would not advise calling them. They sound a little off and that could just make it worse. Follow BeenBurned advice about calling Ebay and the PO and ask about how to file a report and so on.
Getting the headers off of the email is a good idea and, depending on which email service they used, report to them also. How far away do they live? Another state, country?

Call ebay and tell them you're getting threats from a seller and that the seller is sending them directly to your email. Ask how to report. (It sounds like the seller knows what they're doing.)

Also, look up the seller's contact information and see if the telephone number matches the number on the email. BUT DON'T CALL!

Call ebay and tell them you're getting threats from a seller and that the seller is sending them directly to your email. Ask how to report. (It sounds like the seller knows what they're doing.)

Also, look up the seller's contact information and see if the telephone number matches the number on the email. BUT DON'T CALL!

Take it seriously but don't freak.
If they have your phone number, block them too.
Alert your SO.

This is not to be taken lightly and not that I think you are OP... would definitely report this
to ebay.... and would consider reporting this to your local police as well as the police
department where the seller lives... and no communication is best at this time.. you
just open the door for more unpleasantness and threats are to be taken seriously & certainly
if you have a family member they need to know as well...think that these are very
"shrewd" people....they are trying to intimidate you with this type of tactic... please be careful....

Awful!

I agree with the above advice. DO NOT DELETE ! Print a copy WITH FULL HEADERS, then make an electronic copy.

Absolutely file a complaint with eBay AND with your local PD. You need to start a documentation trail.

Additionally, I would file a complaint with the sender's ISP.

I would first contact eBay and let them know the seller is sending threats to you and your family, through your personal email (keep ALL emails). Provide them with all information (original auction listing, pictures of fake bag, all correspondence, etc). I would also contact your local police and file a report. If you know where the sender is located, I would also file a report with that local station. Do NOT let this person bully or intimidate you, they're hoping you'll be scared enough to drop the case, if you correspond with seller to resend bag back, only do so through eBay. They are at fault for selling a fake bags. It is illegal to do so but all too often there are people out there looking to make money selling fakes. What is the sellers auction name? There should be a list around here of sellers to avoid. Good luck.

Can you look up the phone number they called you from on the reverse phone directory online-the white pages have it for free. It might give you the information on where the # is from. Sometimes you can't get any information. I would do what the other posters have advised.
Good luck.