Just received a dispute at paypal!

mx2000

Feb 5, 2009
I'm so upset that I just got a dispute at paypal. I used first class to ship an item to Canada two weeks ago, but the buyer hasn't received it yet, then she file a dispute at paypal. I don't have any tracking # since I used first class, but I have a copy of the Customs Declaration and receipt.

What should I do? Is there any way that I can track the status of the package? Or just wait to see if she will receive it? If the package is really lost, will paypal decide that I will be responsible for it? Is there any chance that she received it but report not to? I'm just curious...

Many thanks!!

You can try your local PO and see if they can trace it, but I am not sure if they can/will. PP requires at least delivery confirmation on all packages and signature on anything over $250. Unfortunately, I think you will ultimately have to hope for an honest buyer. She could receive the item and say she didn't which doesn't mean she will, of course. You will be responsible if you cannot prove she got it. PP will give you 10 days to respond, so you can call you local PO for help and then wait it out and hope it gets delivered in the meantime. I am sorry that this is not much help to you and do hope that it will eventually work out well.

Unfortunately, I have had this happen to me before and you really don't have a chance. If she says she didn't get it and you have no proof, then paypal will make you refund her. Sorry!!! I had to stop selling internationally because shipping w/ tracking is way too expensive. I hope she gets it soon and is honest enough to let you know. Hope it works out in your favor.

Hey I read your story, if you want to make sure they don't rip you off. This is what you do ...since you have the buyer's address. Make up a package up of nothing ...put in a receipt of the purchase for example and ship it to her...it will cost you very little and when you go the post office make sure you get delivery confirmation for it and then use that delivery confirmation on the paypal dispute. Don't tell paypal you sent her another package, just say this is from the 1st package. That way she can't lie and you will win the case.. It will definitely work, I've done it before......

Hey I read your story, if you want to make sure they don't rip you off. This is what you do ...since you have the buyer's address. Make up a package up of nothing ...put in a receipt of the purchase for example and ship it to her...it will cost you very little and when you go the post office make sure you get delivery confirmation for it and then use that delivery confirmation on the paypal dispute. Don't tell paypal you sent her another package, just say this is from the 1st package. That way she can't lie and you will win the case.. It will definitely work, I've done it before......
First that is wrong because it is dishonest.
Second why would the dates not be way off (for the second dummy package) to work for PP? She needs to have signature confirmation the first time she sent the package; unfortunately that mistake will cost her if the person doesn't get the package or is dishonest. Always use confirmation for $250 and under and $250 and over get SIGNAURE CONFIRMATION.

:wtf:Wow:wtf:

Seller has to ship within 7 days or they lose seller protection.
First class international can take up to a month.
Respond to the claim and try explaining the situation to her and offer to fax or email her a copy of the receipt.

sorry to hear about the dipute. was it an expensive item? i track everthing to protect myself. seems funny that after 2 weeks for international shipping already filing a dispute. ps. wow 1stmaverick your 1st post??!! are you for real lol

sorry to hear about the dipute. was it an expensive item? i track everthing to protect myself. seems funny that after 2 weeks for international shipping already filing a dispute. ps. wow 1stmaverick your 1st post??!! are you for real lol

It's a less than $100 item, not a big amount. I might be the first time that I lose a package, so I'm just upset...

Did you try using the Customs Form # for tracking at USPS.com?

I recently sent a package from US to UK via USPS Express Mail Intl.
The package had 2 #'s. An express mail label # and a # on the Customs Form.

Per the LABEL #, the package was delivered 2 days later in Colorado. HTG.
Per the Customs #, the package was turned over for Intl. Delivery, and I was then able to track it via Parcelforce by that same Customs #.

And it was finally delivered in UK. (Yet the Express Mail Label # STILL says delivered in CO)

FYI readers... USPS Intl packages are no longer trackable online thru USPS.

:wtf:Wow:wtf:

Seller has to ship within 7 days or they lose seller protection.
First class international can take up to a month.
Respond to the claim and try explaining the situation to her and offer to fax or email her a copy of the receipt.

what ya mean by 7 days for seller to ship? if u sold an item and winner took a week to pay, does it start form the day thye pay or the day auctions ends?:confused1:

That is so dishonest. PLEASE be honest with Paypal, you have already advised you shipped it, if you do as the poster advises above, the mailing date would be later than what you have already stated thus far anyway. Perhaps the buyer in Canada is use to getting mail through a quicker method. First class within the U.S. states 7-10 days so to Canada you know more time is allowed sometimes. There is also a chance customs has the package too and this could have held it up. What concerns me here is that the buyer has already filed a PayPal claim, why so quick to do this??? I wish you luck, but its best to be honest.