Tech Just purchased a new cell phone AND the PRICE JUST DECREASED by $100+! What to do?

TresChic35

The Newbie?
Aug 13, 2007
I have T-mobile and I'm wondering what I can do to get a price adjustment. Its been less than 1 week and the price dropped by a difference of $100.

I've been with them for 3 years. I wonder if I am a good enough customer for them to adjust the price. I did call a rep, but he said I couldn't do anything about it. I requested a supervisor and they're going to call me back, but I need a very good backup argument.

Paid: almost $300
Now: $150

A $100+ price difference within a week? This is insane!!!!

Please help!! Any input?

TIA!!

Is there a "return" policy on phones for T-Mobile? AT&T gives you 30 days to return a new phone. There really is no reason why T-Mobile shouldn't give you a refund for the difference since you only purchased the new phone less than a week ago. Talk to the supervisor and if they don't call back, be persistent and call again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be polite (even though I know I would be frustrated in this type of situation) and explain again why you should get a refund/credit since it's only been a week.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.....

Is there a "return" policy on phones for T-Mobile? AT&T gives you 30 days to return a new phone. There really is no reason why T-Mobile shouldn't give you a refund for the difference since you only purchased the new phone less than a week ago. Talk to the supervisor and if they don't call back, be persistent and call again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be polite (even though I know I would be frustrated in this type of situation) and explain again why you should get a refund/credit since it's only been a week.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.....

Thanks! I certainly will be persistent in getting into contact with the supervisor. I will try to be polite and point out how amazing their customer service was when I had dificulties with my phone.

Do you think I should "threaten" them with canceling my plan in order to get that price difference?

goto the store, with the cell phone and all of the packaging and your reciept.

don't wait for a supervisor to call you back because they most likely won't. i've had that run-around plenty of times and finally went to the actual place of business and had the problem settled in less than 15 min.

if they tell you they won't give you a price adjustment then say you want to return it and re-buy it. if they won't let you do that, then return it (make sure you look up proof as to what their return policy is) go to another location and then buy it.

verizon's policy is 14 day return policy and i haven't heard of anything shorter than that so you should definately be able to get your money back.

good luck!!

I just took a look at Verizon Wireless and it seems that a newer version of the phone is available for only $79.99!!!!!!!!!

Do you think they would even be able to price match this price? I might really consider canceling because this is just absurd. I can't believe how much I paid!!!

have you called or been into the store, what did they say ?
I have T-mobile and I'm wondering what I can do to get a price adjustment. Its been less than 1 week and the price dropped by a difference of $100.

I've been with them for 3 years. I wonder if I am a good enough customer for them to adjust the price. I did call a rep, but he said I couldn't do anything about it. I requested a supervisor and they're going to call me back, but I need a very good backup argument.

Paid: almost $300
Now: $150

A $100+ price difference within a week? This is insane!!!!

Please help!! Any input?

TIA!!

go to the store and say that u want to return it. when they ask why, say you're not happy with the product and you're upset that the price has dropped. They would probably give u the adjustment because in retail: it's better to get a price adjustment and make a little loss than to take a full return and lose a sale.

If they don't offer to do it, just return it anyway and take your money somewhere else. And since verizon is offering a gd deal on it, get it there.

I just took a look at Verizon Wireless and it seems that a newer version of the phone is available for only $79.99!!!!!!!!!

Do you think they would even be able to price match this price? I might really consider canceling because this is just absurd. I can't believe how much I paid!!!

you can always try! i have verizon and i love it so i'm pretty bias in telling you that you should just return the tmobile phone and go to verizon ;)