Tech Just purchased a new cell phone AND the PRICE JUST DECREASED by $100+! What to do?

i wouldnt be suprised if verizon would pay your termination fee for you to switch..i know sprint offerered to do it for me. and Iluvshopping, i thought you had 30 days with verizon. but definatly keep calling and be persistent and try and get your money back

Thanks everyone for your help! :smile:

So called T-mobile and the representative this time was so nice and helpful!

She said that she couldn't do much since it was purchased in the store, but she told me to go to the store and do a return and re-purchase if they would not give me the price adjustment.

I called the manager of the store and he was also very nice and offered me the price adjustment up front!! I was only able to get $50 back because I was not eligible for the rebate since I did not purchase the data plan. So instead of paying $280 for the phone (curve 8320), I paid $230 after the upgrade fee and taxes.

Its not bad, but after researching Verizon I noticed that the Curve 8330, a newer version of the Curve, is only $100!!!

I just don't know what to do anymore. I really want to call T-mobile and ask if they will do a price-match, but I highly doubt that will happen. I would like to switch to Verizon, but the family plan is about $20 more per month than my T-mobile family plan.

Any suggestions or should I just stick with what I already have?

I'm not sure if they will do a price match since the plan is $20 more and eventually that will add up. So in the long run, the T-Mobile plan might be more worth it and cheaper. If you're happy with T-Mobile, then stick with it. Think about it, that's an extra $240 per year when the phone is only about $130 cheaper.

I'm not sure if they will do a price match since the plan is $20 more and eventually that will add up. So in the long run, the T-Mobile plan might be more worth it and cheaper. If you're happy with T-Mobile, then stick with it. Think about it, that's an extra $240 per year when the phone is only about $130 cheaper.

You're right. I was thinking about that, but I'm just angry that the newer version is cheaper than T-mobile's older version. Oh well...you can't have your cake and eat it too. :Push:

You're right. I was thinking about that, but I'm just angry that the newer version is cheaper than T-mobile's older version. Oh well...you can't have your cake and eat it too. :Push:

But the 8330 is a CDMA phone on a different carrier. So it's "newer" but it's not really an apples to apples comparison. If the T-Mo version went down in price, I'd think you have a case for a partial refund. But in this case, I'm not sure they should do anything. And again, T-Mo's plans are cheaper usually than Verizon. So if T-Mo works for you in your area (it's crap where I need to use my phone), you are better off in the long run.

keep in mind the best phone price is always when you sign a new contract, then comes upgrade from current phone. I upgraded to Sunset curve last month for 150, had to extend the contract for 12 more month, but i'm happy w/t-mo so it won't bother me. Been with them for 7 years; it amazes the 611 rep everytime i call for help :P It's funny when i request the upgrade, i was firm but polite but when patients are running thin, the rep 'encouraged' me to cancel. then she told me about the rule, unless customer said the magic word 'cancel', they are not allow to bring a supervisor on the line haha.

well if tmobile gets good service where you live, stick with it..but if its ok maybe you shuld switch to verizon. my verizon phone works EVERYWHERE, i dont know thats its ever been on searching service. and check with your employer, i stay on my moms family plan because she gets a 20% discount from work