Just placed my first order!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know I had decided on getting the Stanwich satchel but after I "met" a Zip Zip satchel for the first time I knew I had to have one! I ordered the Palomino from the Dooney website. I've never ordered from their website before so can anyone tell me how long they usually take to process and ship orders? I chose the priority mail option since it's the fastest- I think? I'm so excited to get her home!

2. I ordered from Dooney.com late Saturday night, and my order shipped on Monday. It was pretty fast. My order was shipping from California all the way to the eastern time zone, and I received it in a week. Enjoy your purchase!

3. So excited for you :woot::yahoo::woohoo: You should get it pretty quickly. Looking forward to your review and photos! I think the palomino is going to be lovely in this style!

4. Please post pics when it arrives. I'd love to see palomino IRL

5. :yahoo: Hope they get it sent out today!! I can't wait to see the pics.

6. Thanks, everyone! I will post pics when she gets here. :smile:

7. I just received confirmation that my order has shipped via UPS! Thumbs up for processing my order quickly but thumbs down for ignoring my request for USPS Priority.

8. :happydance: Yay! Now you get to do some "tracking obsessing" while you wait!! :lol:

9. #9 Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    It's 7:34 central time and the big brown truck still hasn't arrived with my bag. This is why I prefer USPS. The mail carrier is much more reliable in my area.

Does anyone know how late UPS runs?

Edit: They just showed up! She's freezing cold but so beautiful! I'll get pics tomorrow when I can get better lighting. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

10. Woo hoo!!! :happydance: Do you love her???

11. I do love her! She's a darker yellow than I expected but so very pretty and classy. I'd never seen palomino in real life before- just online. I have her loaded up and ready to take to class tomorrow. :smile: I will try to get pics asap.

12. Looking forward to it - and congratulations! :woohoo::yahoo:

13. Congratulations! Looking forward to photos!

14. Can't wait to see the pics! Congrats!!

15. #15 Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    I got busy and forgot to take a picture of my pretty bag with good lighting so here she is with bad lighting and a camera phone:

[​IMG]

Let me get in a bit of a review while I'm here:

First I'd like to say that I absolutely LOVE this bag style! It's fun, classy, and pretty lightweight for being all leather. The color is darker than it shows online but that could be my computer settings. I wish it had a crossbody strap instead of a shoulder strap and I don't care for attaching metal to metal- scratches, ya know? I like being hands free and my shoulders slope too much to hold a strap. The size is perfect for my essentials. I love how wide this bag opens. My bag will probably develop leather wrinkles over time due to the softness of the leather and the constant opening it wide to dig into it. Since I can see everything that's in the bag I don't feel like it's a bottomless pit. I also love that I don't have to worry about getting this pebble grain leather wet.

All of this said, I still give this bag an A- due to the strap issue. Everything else is great!