Just out of curiosity...

lecolquitt

Hermes please!
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
What, if any, color or leather birkin would you NEVER buy? And why ? I've struggled with this question (keeping in consideration of my choices realistically) But just wanted to know how you ladies & gents would answer this question.

It's highly unlikely, can't say never, I would ever get something in croc because it's not my style although I can appreciate it.

I'd never buy a bag in gold or etoupe either as they don't float my boat

This is an impossible question to answer !!!

I know from my experience that Hermes has made my taste/convictions change with the years.

Fisrt I thought I would never wear a Kelly 35 because it would look like a luggage on me. Now I adore my Kelly 35 and would never part with it !

I tought I would never carry a Birkin 25 because it would look like a doll bag. Now you could not have me wear anything but my Birkin 25 lizrad for casual evenings !

I thought I would NEVER buy a green handabg. I just got my dark green special order in !!!

So.... I'll let the other members say "I will never...";)

It's highly unlikely, can't say never, I would ever get something in croc because it's not my style although I can appreciate it.

I'd never buy a bag in gold or etoupe either as they don't float my boat

Mooks, I've seen a picture of yours in the action thread... I can see you with a matte croc in indigo or anthracite or graphite or even black !!!! That would fit your style very very well ;):tup:

perlerare, thank you! I've seen a few pics of the matte croc and I do like them very much. My next Birkin is going to be graphite so maybe one day it'll be croc

For me it is vache ligee and togo. I have a togo bolide and picotin and that is enough togo for me. I wouldn't like it in a birkin.

As far as colors: yellow, blue jean (I like it for other bags, but not for a birkin), etoupe, parchemin.

No pastels for me, like Peche or Rose Dragee and perhaps even Curry . I like to wear scarves that match or compliment my bag and my skin color is washed out by pastels.

I LOVE rose dragee. Heavenly on a clutch, even a Birkin... I saw one last year and it took major willpower to turn it down, but practicality won out.

I would just stare at it, and I like to USE my bags! I know a few TPFers have them, and I have nothing but admiration since they DO wear them!