Just out of curiosity...

lecolquitt

Hermes please!
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
BH&NYC
What, if any, color or leather birkin would you NEVER buy? And why ? I've struggled with this question (keeping in consideration of my choices realistically) But just wanted to know how you ladies & gents would answer this question.

mooks

May 4, 2007
It's highly unlikely, can't say never, I would ever get something in croc because it's not my style although I can appreciate it.

I'd never buy a bag in gold or etoupe either as they don't float my boat

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
I know I would never buy a light color.
I used to think that, lisawhit. But now, I am looking for lighter colours. Especially in croc. :drool:

The colour that I will never get in a Birkin is Blue Jean. My SA knows that. It looks great on my friends and all the ladies here. On me, it just looks weird.

perlerare

@ORANGEDAILY
O.G.
May 20, 2006
EUROPE
www.7rueparadis.com
This is an impossible question to answer !!!

I know from my experience that Hermes has made my taste/convictions change with the years.

Fisrt I thought I would never wear a Kelly 35 because it would look like a luggage on me. Now I adore my Kelly 35 and would never part with it !

I tought I would never carry a Birkin 25 because it would look like a doll bag. Now you could not have me wear anything but my Birkin 25 lizrad for casual evenings !

I thought I would NEVER buy a green handabg. I just got my dark green special order in !!!

So.... I'll let the other members say "I will never...";)

perlerare

@ORANGEDAILY
O.G.
May 20, 2006
EUROPE
www.7rueparadis.com
It's highly unlikely, can't say never, I would ever get something in croc because it's not my style although I can appreciate it.

I'd never buy a bag in gold or etoupe either as they don't float my boat
Mooks, I've seen a picture of yours in the action thread... I can see you with a matte croc in indigo or anthracite or graphite or even black !!!! That would fit your style very very well ;):tup:

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
probably a rose dragee -- although it's lovely, there are many too other colors that speak to me (hopefully I won't have to eat my words).

mooks

May 4, 2007
perlerare, thank you! I've seen a few pics of the matte croc and I do like them very much. My next Birkin is going to be graphite so maybe one day it'll be croc

Apr 12, 2006
No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane
For me it is vache ligee and togo. I have a togo bolide and picotin and that is enough togo for me. I wouldn't like it in a birkin.

As far as colors: yellow, blue jean (I like it for other bags, but not for a birkin), etoupe, parchemin.

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Swimmin in a lil bowl
I LOVE rose dragee. Heavenly on a clutch, even a Birkin... I saw one last year and it took major willpower to turn it down, but practicality won out.

I would just stare at it, and I like to USE my bags! I know a few TPFers have them, and I have nothing but admiration since they DO wear them!