Just ordered my first Pierotucci bag! Show me yours too.

Ella, I have a whole different take on what you said. You said:

"Sorry, but I want to be real with you and give my opinion. This all being said, I can totally understand why some girls want to get a Pierotucci, but I don't get the pride AT ALL. I'd be hoping people thought it was an Hermes."

My thinking is completely different. I am hoping people WON'T think it's an Hermes, because it's not an Hermes. I actually changed my mind from the Birkin-like bag for that reason. I have been pouring over all the Pierotucci site for hours, and found one that -- practicality-wise and looks-wise -- I liked and wanted more. So I ordered a red....hmm, don't remember it's name, but I'll link to it later...bag that was perfect for me. I want it for the quality of the leather, the texture of the leather, and the look of the bag. Also, getting in and out of a bag easily was important to me.

After ordering the bag, I went to the Hermes forum *hoping* it was not just like an Hermes that I was not as familiar with as I was the Birkin or Kelly. After spending a lot of time there, It turned out to be like the Bolide, which I have certainly heard of, but I've never seen IRL.

Brand names are just not at the top of my list in what I want in a bag. Others differ and that's understandable. Everybody's different. I'm just giving you another view from someone who loves beautiful and practical bags of quality leather, and not for the name that is on them. And the "pride factor" comes (in my case) in owning and using a bag that is just right for me and meets the above criteria.

And I am "ga ga" over my new bag and can't wait till it comes. :yahoo:

Every manufacturer has look alikes, and its up to an individual to buy what they like!

Hermes
cdbb_2.JPG

Pierotucci

5914.jpg

Dooney & Bourke!!
R313.jpg

I don't understand it. Why go ga-ga over Pierotucci when you should drool over Herm'es, it's all originally by Hermes. :confused1::confused1::confused1:

There are many good reasons for buying genuine Hermès handbags, and I can understand all of them. I myself drool over Hermès, and hope to have my first one sooner rather than later. However, at $5-$6k and up, the price can be a dealbreaker for many people.

There are plenty of good reasons not to buy knockoffs. I don’t condone the production or purchase of fakes for any reason. However, there is some middle ground between authentic and fake, sometimes known as “designer-inspired.” I don’t have any problem with inspired bags, as long as they are good quality and aren’t trying to pass themselves off as the real thing.

This is where Pierotucci comes in. IMO, there are two things that make the Pierotucci bags extremely tempting: price, and quality. Current prices for these bags are approximately 10% of their Hermès counterparts. For the non-wealthy, regular person, this puts them in the realm of possibility rather than the patently impossible. At these prices, they compete with other midrange, good-quality brands such as Hayden-Harnett, Coach, Botkier, and Dooney & Bourke. If one’s handbag budget runs about $2,000 per year, you could get either a third of a new Hermès Kelly (and save for two more years to buy one), or four of the above-mentioned bags. That’s pretty significant.

However, great prices don’t mean anything unless the bags are of good quality. I won’t spend even $50 for a bag if it’s going to fall apart or look tacky. I am a stickler for details, so uneven stitching, crappy leather, hardware that chips (ahem, Chloe locks), or yucky lining turn me off immediately. I have not seen any of the Pierotucci bags in person yet, but I have seen photos and they look extremely good. The people here who have purchased Piero bags say that the leather and construction quality is as good as or better than Hermès. Pierotucci bags are handmade and are 100% guaranteed. The customer service is reportedly spectacular and highly personalized, consistently going above and beyond the call of duty.

Two more reasons for H-lovers to consider Piero bags:
1) You could have multiple Hermès-type styles, without taking out a handbag mortgage (or eBaying every other purse you own)
2) You could try several of the Hermès styles to see which one works best for you, before investing in the real thing.

There are Hermès purists who will prefer to save their pennies to buy the real thing, and I may even be one of them. The Pierotuccis are very similar, but it won’t be the same as having the genuine article. There’s something about owning a piece of history, and if that’s a factor for you, you’ll want to seriously consider whether you’d be happy with anything other than authentic Hermès. Pierotucci resale value remains to be seen, but I think it’s fair to say that it won’t hold its value anywhere near as long as Hermès does, because they don’t have the brand recognition. But if all of those factors are OK with you, Pierotucci offers a viable alternative to pricey exclusivity: great style, great quality, and reasonable affordability.

I agree with you DesignerElla. To me these are not "inspired" bags, but they are fakes, because they have been copied of Hermés with great detail.

If Pierotucci produced their bags with a Hermés logo or such, then they would be a "fake". By not representing the bags as Hermés, IMO that keeps Pierotucci in the "inspired by" category.

I don't try to pass my bag off as Hermés, and to be honest in the circles I travel in, most people wouldn't know an Hermés bag from a Target bag. I just love the style of the bag, and that you can select the color and type of leather. It's tougher and tougher to find bags in classic styles that are well made and affordable, and IMO Pierotucci bags fill that niche. I can totally understand that someone might want "the real thing" only, and if that's the case, hold out for what you want.

Every manufacturer has look alikes, and its up to an individual to buy what they like!
Sure, there are some bag styles that exist betwwen brands, like the satchel shape, for example. That, however, is not the same as an exact copy of a certain model, except for the logo.

Pierrotucci sells hiundreds of bags that AREN'T inspired by Hermes.

We've had this discussion several times, maybe we should leave this thread for the Pierrotucci ladies to enjoy their bags?

I agree with you DesignerElla. To me these are not "inspired" bags, but they are fakes, because they have been copied of Hermés with great detail.

No, fake bags claim to be the real deal, inspired bags have similar shape but carry their own brand. Chanel Kelly bag should be a fake bag, then? I'm sure you don't think so, because it's Chanel and because it costs 1000 $.

No, fake bags claim to be the real deal, inspired bags have similar shape but carry their own brand. Chanel Kelly bag should be a fake bag, then? I'm sure you don't think so, because it's Chanel and because it costs 1000 $.

Let´s agree to disagree:yes: I think the Chanel Kelly looks nothing like the H Kelly so I don´t really see fakeness there.

Wow.....

I don't see the need to further justify or explain my choices. No one needs to understand the reasons behind my purchase. It comes down to a difference of opinion.

If my purchase was funding terrorism or contributing to the exploitation of children and human rights violations then it might be (IMHO) something worthwhile to debate.

As I said at the beginning, the opinions on inspired bags can remain in that thread.

This thread was intended to share the excitement of a new purchase. That was fun.